The Douglas Archives

A collection of historical and genalogical records

History (16)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Threave Castle

Hi all  I am not of Douglas descent (Wallace, Clarke, Davidson, Gordon, Stewart, Mactaggart and Davison families/clans to name a few of my…

Started by Jody Allen

2 Jan 10, 2014
Reply by Jody Allen

Kidston - a Douglas sept?

In the middle of the fourteenth century, Kidston, which lies near Peebles, in the modern Scottish Borders, 'gave surname to its possessors'…

Started by William Douglas

6 Oct 30, 2013
Reply by Robert Davic

Second Scottish War of Independence Skirmishes.

Looking for more information if anyone can help. In Chris Brown's excellent book, 'Scottish Battlefields' (2008), he refers to battles/skir…

Started by Stuart Meechan

5 May 27, 2012
Reply by William Douglas

The meaning behind the shield.

Hi everyone. I don't know if this is the appropriate forum to pose such a question but I was wondering if someone can assist in solving a r…

Started by Andrew Douglas

2 Dec 2, 2011
Reply by Andrew Douglas

Anyone for tennis?

Dorothea Katharine Lambert Chambers was born Dorothea Katherine Douglass, (1878 – 1960) at Guayamas, Ealing, Middlesex. Also interested in…

0 May 11, 2010

Getting started

Today, I have launched this social networking facilities for all those researching their Douglas roots. As this will be a resource for all…

0 Jun 12, 2009

RSS

Making conections

The more information you can give about the people you mention, the more chance there is of someone else connecting with your family.

Dates and places of births, deaths and marriages all help to place families.

Professions also help.

'My great-grandmother mother was a Douglas from Montrose' does not give many clues to follow up! But a bit of flesh on the bones makes further research possible. But if we are told who she married, what his profession was and where the children were baptised, then we can get to work.

Maybe it is time to update the information in your profile?

© 2024   Created by William Douglas.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service