The Douglas Archives

A collection of historical and genalogical records

James David Douglas's Discussions (10)

Discussions Replied To (10) Replies Latest Activity

"Sorry the correct website is www.familytreedna.com"

James David Douglas replied Feb 8, 2016 to DNA

5 Feb 10, 2016
Reply by Henry Barraud Hunt, Jr.

"Hi Henry I used Family Tree DNA FTDNA for testing. I did both YDNA and autosomal te…"

James David Douglas replied Feb 8, 2016 to DNA

5 Feb 10, 2016
Reply by Henry Barraud Hunt, Jr.

"Mr Hunt, thank you for all the very good information on Col Douglas and his line.  I…"

James David Douglas replied Oct 6, 2015 to Col Edward Douglas and his Immediate Family

4 Oct 6, 2015
Reply by James David Douglas

"I have a question regarding the death date of Edward Douglass Jr, son of Lt Col Edwa…"

James David Douglas replied Sep 14, 2015 to Col Edward Douglas and his Immediate Family

4 Oct 6, 2015

"Maj Edmund Bowman b 1620, England, was the father of Sarah Bowman Littleton, Sarah B…"

James David Douglas replied Sep 14, 2015 to Col Edward Douglas and his Immediate Family

4 Oct 6, 2015

"There is another source that links the line of Lt Col Douglass to the line of Col Ed…"

James David Douglas replied Jun 22, 2015 to Colonel Edward Douglas born Dec 1590 in Scotland his ancestry

22 Apr 1, 2019
Reply by Russell Lynn Drysdale

"I looked through the ancestor list on the family tree DNA site and did not see any i…"

James David Douglas replied Jun 22, 2015 to Colonel Edward Douglas born Dec 1590 in Scotland his ancestry

22 Apr 1, 2019

"A deed of sale between William Willett, son of Elizabeth Douglas Willitt and William…"

22 Apr 1, 2019

"Note: To confuse matters another source indicates that Edward Douglass was 18 years…"

22 Apr 1, 2019

"At least one source gives Col Douglass' date of birth as c 1620.  Since his son Edwa…"

James David Douglas replied Jun 21, 2015 to Colonel Edward Douglas born Dec 1590 in Scotland his ancestry

22 Apr 1, 2019

RSS

Making conections

The more information you can give about the people you mention, the more chance there is of someone else connecting with your family.

Dates and places of births, deaths and marriages all help to place families.

Professions also help.

'My great-grandmother mother was a Douglas from Montrose' does not give many clues to follow up! But a bit of flesh on the bones makes further research possible. But if we are told who she married, what his profession was and where the children were baptised, then we can get to work.

Maybe it is time to update the information in your profile?

© 2024   Created by William Douglas.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service