The Douglas Archives

A collection of historical and genalogical records

William Douglas's Discussions (336)

Discussions Replied To (240) Replies Latest Activity

"David, I am fairly confident that the material you kindly shared is all recorded in…"

William Douglas replied Mar 2, 2012 to The Douglas/Douglas-Willan/Willan connection

41 Nov 25, 2016
Reply by William Douglas

"The Duke of Cumberland, known as "Butcher" Cumberland and Sweet William, was a young…"

William Douglas replied Mar 1, 2012 to The Douglas/Douglas-Willan/Willan connection

41 Nov 25, 2016
Reply by William Douglas

"I am not sure that i know Thomas William Willan - how does he fit in?  The key to my…"

William Douglas replied Mar 1, 2012 to The Douglas/Douglas-Willan/Willan connection

41 Nov 25, 2016
Reply by William Douglas

"Welcome to our Community Forum, Stephanie. If you type 'Morton' into the search box…"

William Douglas replied Feb 15, 2012 to Robert Livingston(e) Morton

4 May 29, 2012
Reply by barbara l march

"Thank you, Patricia.  It is good to get some background to our ancestors lives. Thos…"

William Douglas replied Jan 31, 2012 to Colin Douglas, passenger to Canada on the Hector

4 Jan 31, 2012
Reply by William Douglas

"Ah!  Culduthel House, Culduthel Road, in Inverness, was opened as an orphanage in188…"

William Douglas replied Jan 28, 2012 to Douglas family Inverness1

29 Jun 22, 2022
Reply by William Douglas

"There was an orphanage in Aberlour - could that be the one? William"

William Douglas replied Jan 28, 2012 to Douglas family Inverness1

29 Jun 22, 2022
Reply by William Douglas

"Looks like there is a chip off the old block in transit... I look forward to a photo…"

William Douglas replied Dec 16, 2011 to The Australian Standing Stones - the missing link.

14 Apr 30, 2013
Reply by Andrew Douglas

"Andrew, Stars - or spurs? Actually, probably stars, as spurs usually have 6 points i…"

William Douglas replied Dec 1, 2011 to The meaning behind the shield.

2 Dec 2, 2011
Reply by Andrew Douglas

"Katherine, Welcome to our community Network. I too would like to know about Dave's f…"

William Douglas replied Nov 13, 2011 to Lookiing for family history... Douglas line from Dave Douglas born in 1918... pro golfer

1 Nov 13, 2011
Reply by William Douglas

RSS

Making conections

The more information you can give about the people you mention, the more chance there is of someone else connecting with your family.

Dates and places of births, deaths and marriages all help to place families.

Professions also help.

'My great-grandmother mother was a Douglas from Montrose' does not give many clues to follow up! But a bit of flesh on the bones makes further research possible. But if we are told who she married, what his profession was and where the children were baptised, then we can get to work.

Maybe it is time to update the information in your profile?

© 2024   Created by William Douglas.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service