The Douglas Archives

A collection of historical and genalogical records

William Douglas's Discussions (336)

Discussions Replied To (240) Replies Latest Activity

"Sadly, East Galloway Sketches' by Alexander Trotter, is not in my brother's collecti…"

William Douglas replied Oct 24, 2011 to Breaks in the chain - Castle Douglas, Lochmaben, Worcester and London.

4 Jun 20, 2013
Reply by Bob Henry

"Ah!  I had not made the connection. You are suggesting that Lady Douglas, sister of…"

William Douglas replied Oct 14, 2011 to Archibald Douglas b ca 1665 to America 1725-1728

9 Feb 26, 2020
Reply by Richard William Maginis Douglas

"I have collected some information on John of Newcastle here: http://www.douglashisto…"

William Douglas replied Oct 13, 2011 to Archibald Douglas b ca 1665 to America 1725-1728

9 Feb 26, 2020
Reply by Richard William Maginis Douglas

"One of my source refers to Joan (of Mar) Douglas, which, if correct, would rule out…"

William Douglas replied Oct 11, 2011 to Joan Douglas

3 Oct 11, 2011
Reply by William Douglas

"I don't know, John. I am hoping someone here can fill in some gaps. William"

William Douglas replied Sep 30, 2011 to Colin Douglas, passenger to Canada on the Hector

4 Jan 31, 2012
Reply by William Douglas

"Just wondering if this is a relative? http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=…"

William Douglas replied Sep 10, 2011 to Allen-Douglas-Russell

1 Sep 10, 2011
Reply by William Douglas

"The battle of Dunbar in 1650 must count as one of the Scots worst defeats.  Of all t…"

William Douglas replied Aug 27, 2011 to Alexander Dugle, Battle of Dunbar

5 Nov 9, 2012
Reply by Ramona S. Douglass

"Although the Duke of Hamilton has the principal claim, the Earl of Morton is also a…"

William Douglas replied Aug 4, 2011 to Head of the House of Douglas

26 Sep 10, 2023
Reply by Hubert Langenstein

"Jim is one of the good guys!  He will look after you well. William"

William Douglas replied Aug 1, 2011 to Douglas Septs

9 Apr 25, 2016
Reply by William Douglas

"Harold Edington, CDSNA Septs Project Coordinator, has produced a booklet on the Doug…"

William Douglas replied Aug 1, 2011 to Douglas Septs

9 Apr 25, 2016
Reply by William Douglas

RSS

Making conections

The more information you can give about the people you mention, the more chance there is of someone else connecting with your family.

Dates and places of births, deaths and marriages all help to place families.

Professions also help.

'My great-grandmother mother was a Douglas from Montrose' does not give many clues to follow up! But a bit of flesh on the bones makes further research possible. But if we are told who she married, what his profession was and where the children were baptised, then we can get to work.

Maybe it is time to update the information in your profile?

© 2024   Created by William Douglas.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service