The Douglas Archives

A collection of historical and genalogical records

We believe Edward has 2 brothers, siblings of James and Susan Nee Luck of Maidenhead Scotland. His brothers apparently went to Canada in about 1850 which is when Edward came to Australia in 1851 aboard the "Malacca". We know nothing about our family line previous to this only James Douglas's father was also James. Any help very much appreciated

Views: 344

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Peter: Something to double check. The only Maidenhead I'm aware of is in England, almost due west of London.
Bob.
The village of Maidens lies at the south end of Ayrshire's Maidenhead Bay some six miles west of Maybole and a similar distance north east of Girvan. A possibility?
William,
Thank you, I have looked at the town website and it has a set of rocks called "Maidenshead" in the Bay which may well be where our thinking comes from. I will keep searching. Thank you for your replies. Peter

I am researching my family tree maiden name Douglas. In Birmingham/ warwickshire

William Douglas B 1824 m Elliza Ellis father believed to be George. I have failed to go back further I believed they came over from Scotland but have come to a standstill as to where and when. regards Pam nee Douglas

Pamela,

Eliza, is a family name which the first child of Edward Douglas and Susan Miller. She died at birth and was named after Susan's sister Eliza. As you, we know very little but found out more each month. If you have a look at www.ancestry.com.au and search for Peter Douglas Family Tree it does have a some family on it on the douglas side. my email is pdouglas@raywhite.com and we are from New England area in Australia.

Peter

RSS

Making conections

The more information you can give about the people you mention, the more chance there is of someone else connecting with your family.

Dates and places of births, deaths and marriages all help to place families.

Professions also help.

'My great-grandmother mother was a Douglas from Montrose' does not give many clues to follow up! But a bit of flesh on the bones makes further research possible. But if we are told who she married, what his profession was and where the children were baptised, then we can get to work.

Maybe it is time to update the information in your profile?

© 2024   Created by William Douglas.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service