The Douglas Archives

A collection of historical and genalogical records

Im looking for Douglas(s) in Wootton, Northamptonshire.

My ancestor Joseph Douglas left there and moved to Bradford, Yorkshire (between 1861 - 1870). 

Joseph was born in Wootton, Northamptonshire in 1848. His father is Samuel Douglas born 1823, Wootton, and his father Joseph born 1800, Wootton.

I was surprised that my ancestor hadnt moved from Scotland, so Im wondering what they were doing in Wootton, all Ive discovered so far is that they built houses! I havent got any further back.

Has anyone got any ancestors from Wootton?

Thanks

Views: 563

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Kim Smith,

Re: your post concerning Susanna, I am a bit confused by your dates. If she was supposed to be born 1748 that is a possibility. My cousin Linda has combed the PRs for me and this is not recorded there (or at Chacombe where Elizabeth came from). The records are not infallible and I have proof of the existence of other Douglas' who are not found in PRs. Welcome to my world of scouring the internet for 'unknown unknowns'. If you are correct however, we are cousins.

RSS

Your profile

Is it time to update your profile?

Are the details visible to others still relevant?

By keeping your profile current, with the latest information about yourself and your research, you are making others aware of your progress, and perhaps attracting others to contribute.

If you are logged in, you can update your profile by clicking on the settings button, above.

© 2017   Created by William Douglas.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service