The Douglas Archives

A collection of historical and genalogical records

Hello Fellow Clans,

I am reposting my search for WILLIAM DOUGLASS , it's been a long journey, and sadly I have not  been able to find anything about my William. He was b-1720 in Charles Co. Maryland, USA. He died 1786 in Pennsylvania, USA. He was married to a "Rachael". I have info on his children. His Joseph Douglass is one of my GGrands and he was born 1764-1824. 1st wife unknown..2nd wife Rebecca Robb. Anyone having info I can use on the "ROBBS" is welcomed. If you recognize any of my info or think you can help me, please post here. I can give you my email address and more info on this line of DOUGLASS.

Thank-you

Views: 88

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wendy - According to Ancestry.com, William Douglass (1720-1786) was married to Rachael (Davis?) and fathered Joseph Douglass in 1764 (Charles County, Maryland, USA).  They have Joseph listed as fathering Isaac Y Douglass in Ohio (Birth January 1, 1808 in Ohio, USA -- Death February 15, 1890 in Highland County, Ohio, USA).  Isaac fathered Sarah Ann Douglass (Birth 3/31/1837 in Hillsboro, Ohio -- Death 1908 in Xenia, Greene, Ohio, USA).  It looks like Joseph was married a few times, making this link confusing.  Does anyone have any info to confirm or deny these links ?  Thanks, Ruth McDaniel

RSS

Making conections

The more information you can give about the people you mention, the more chance there is of someone else connecting with your family.

Dates and places of births, deaths and marriages all help to place families.

Professions also help.

'My great-grandmother mother was a Douglas from Montrose' does not give many clues to follow up! But a bit of flesh on the bones makes further research possible. But if we are told who she married, what his profession was and where the children were baptised, then we can get to work.

Maybe it is time to update the information in your profile?

© 2024   Created by William Douglas.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service