The Douglas Archives

A collection of historical and genalogical records

Genealogy (151)

Featured Discussions

Douglases in Cockpen - 18th century and before

Here's some of what I have on the Cockpen Duglass/Douglas people. At William's suggestion I'm putting this in a 'discussion' as there may b…

Started by Jenny BlainLatest Reply

William Douglass (1610 - 1682)

Myself and others are interested in William Douglass (born 1610 in ?, died 1682 in New London,CT) and confirming his birthplace.  Tradition…

Started by Douglas AndersonLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Lt Col Lord Spencer Douglas-Hamilton, son of James the 5th Duke of Hamilton and Anne Spencer of Rendlesham

Looking for any information about Lord Spencer Hamilton. According to information sources such as Burkes Peerage, Spencer Hamilton is said…

Started by Don

5 Feb 13
Reply by Don

Randal/Randall/Randale Douglas from Virginia

Hello All-- Been a member here for awhile but never posted or did anything so here it is. A new day! My DOUGLAS side is based in Virginia…

Started by Jennifer Drechen Spence

27 Sep 25, 2023
Reply by Mark Stephen Elliott

New Member Erica Woodward from Dubai is a Spammer

Erica Woodward is a spammer.

Started by Kathryn Rolke

9 Sep 7, 2023
Reply by William Douglas

Piecing together history

My direct line is Wilson but haven't figured out if that direct line is from Scotland in doing research I found a Jean Dowglas born abt 162…

Started by Shelly Wilson

1 Sep 2, 2023
Reply by William Douglas

Living research

I have been researching my family history. only got as far as my father, born 31st March1904 in Aston Manor/ Birmingham UK/ he was born il…

Started by Andrew Ernest Douglas

5 Jun 21, 2023
Reply by Ronald Drysdale

Douglases in Cockpen - 18th century and before

Here's some of what I have on the Cockpen Duglass/Douglas people. At William's suggestion I'm putting this in a 'discussion' as there may b…

Started by Jenny Blain

33 May 29, 2023
Reply by Jenny Blain

Jones-Douglas Conundrum

Kia ora everyone, I've decided to post something here after hitting a bit of a wall in trying to untangle a bit of a confusion in my family…

Started by Ruby Petra Louise Douglas

9 May 22, 2023
Reply by Mark Stephen Elliott

Trying to Trace Through My Douglass line of Ancestors.

I recently turned 40 and chose to honor the occasion by taking a lengthy vacation to the UK. I've always wanted to visit, and I know it pla…

Started by Matthew Raymond Smith

1 May 13, 2023
Reply by William Douglas

Douglass of Delaware County, New York

My 3rd great grandfather, James Douglass was born in September, 1798, in Delaware County, New York. He later lived in Caroline, Tompkins Co…

Started by Dorothey L Sherman

13 May 1, 2023
Reply by Linda Hildebrand

Robert Drysdale d: 11 May 1876

Looking for assistance in researching my wife's Drysdale history. I've been able to go back to Robert Drysdale d: 11 May 1876, m: Christina…

Started by Don and Aileen Theall

4 Apr 28, 2023
Reply by Don and Aileen Theall

RSS

Making conections

The more information you can give about the people you mention, the more chance there is of someone else connecting with your family.

Dates and places of births, deaths and marriages all help to place families.

Professions also help.

'My great-grandmother mother was a Douglas from Montrose' does not give many clues to follow up! But a bit of flesh on the bones makes further research possible. But if we are told who she married, what his profession was and where the children were baptised, then we can get to work.

Maybe it is time to update the information in your profile?

© 2024   Created by William Douglas.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service