The Douglas Archives

A collection of historical and genalogical records

Genealogy (151)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Edward Douglas of Northampton County Virginia

Hello my friends and especially to William Douglas. I became certain Edward was born in England and not Scotland. I have studied closely th…

Started by Henry Barraud Hunt, Jr.

1 Mar 24, 2012
Reply by William Douglas

Douglas Vault at Kilmun in Argyll

I am helping research/care for the Douglas Vault at Kilmun.  The Directors of the Kilmun Mausoleum Trust are raising money to renovate the…

Started by Jean Maskell

1 Mar 23, 2012
Reply by William Douglas

David (b 1757), son Edmund (b 1805) and his daughter Jane (b. 1833)

I am seeking evidence to confirm the following relationships. I have Mr. Charles H. J. Douglas' book on the Douglas family and it states t…

Started by Alan Douglass Fitch, Jr

0 Feb 3, 2012

Colin Douglas, passenger to Canada on the Hector

What drove the Highlander families to embark on the Hector at Loch Broom, in the Scottish Highlands, we may never know. We do know that the…

Started by William Douglas

4 Jan 31, 2012
Reply by William Douglas

Lookiing for family history... Douglas line from Dave Douglas born in 1918... pro golfer

How do I begin search for ancestry of Douglas clan back from grandffather Dave Douglas born 1918...  and find out where we came from wh…

Started by Katherine Heather Douglas

1 Nov 13, 2011
Reply by William Douglas

Margaret Douglas Stewart, my G G G Grandmother ,Deeside,married Alexander Rust anyone done a family tree or have photos etc ?

Margaret Douglas Stewart, my G G G Grandmother ,Deeside, married Alexander Rust, , ancestor of Sir James Douglas via Margaret Douglas Stewa…

Started by Jackie Stoddard

0 Oct 27, 2011

Joan Douglas

There is quite a mystery surrounding the parentage of Joan Douglas (de Douglas) who married William Dacre, 5th Lord Dacre. Three Douglas me…

Started by Sheila Mitchell

3 Oct 11, 2011
Reply by William Douglas

Fact or Fiction? Count Louis Douglas, the Swedish statesman and his twin brother Count Willie Douglas

The following is an extract from the book 'The Secret Memoirs of the Courts of Europe' published on-line at fictionbooks.com. How much of i…

0 Oct 9, 2011

Allen-Douglas-Russell

I am trying to establish my family history based on my mother's grandfather, William Allen Douglas Russell, who was born in Airdrie, Scotla…

Started by Grant McDuling

1 Sep 10, 2011
Reply by William Douglas

Douglas & Angus Estates logo

Spotted this on the Douglas & Angus Estates website: Presumably the Douglas salamander and the Angus lion. Does anyone know its origi…

1 Jun 26, 2011
Reply by Stephen P Douglass

RSS

Making conections

The more information you can give about the people you mention, the more chance there is of someone else connecting with your family.

Dates and places of births, deaths and marriages all help to place families.

Professions also help.

'My great-grandmother mother was a Douglas from Montrose' does not give many clues to follow up! But a bit of flesh on the bones makes further research possible. But if we are told who she married, what his profession was and where the children were baptised, then we can get to work.

Maybe it is time to update the information in your profile?

© 2024   Created by William Douglas.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service