The Douglas Archives

A collection of historical and genalogical records

Genealogy (151)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

John Douglass

I am looking for any info on John Douglass born in Ayr Ayrshire Scotland in 1687 -his son William was born in In Ayr in 1715 and moved to D…

Started by Malcolm Douglas

3 May 13, 2014
Reply by Bente Bernhardsen

Frances Douglas

I am trying to locate the family of Frances Douglas(s) who was born around 1794.  In the Methodist baptism records of her daughters, the pa…

Started by Geoffrey Cox

1 Apr 12, 2014
Reply by William Douglas

drummond drysdale fife scotland 1830s

carter related to Drysdale  m  to hugh drummond, his son was hugh clark after his granmum Catherine clark other sibblings alexander jane, a…

Started by June carter

2 Apr 5, 2014
Reply by June carter

william douglas find in manchester

find john douglas on your web site , I found information in Manchester england

Started by June carter

0 Apr 5, 2014

What value would a male descendent's DNA testing be when the closest known male named Douglas is ten generations back?

Since the recommended level of testing is in the $700.00 range, I am trying to decide whether or not to fund my first cousin's DNA. My unde…

Started by Patti Oldham Pinkley

3 Feb 7, 2014
Reply by Russell Lynn Drysdale

Who married Lady Douglas? And who was she?

I have received the following request: I am attempting to research my families history in the Americas. I have been given the task to find…

Started by William Douglas

2 Feb 2, 2014
Reply by Patti Oldham Pinkley

26 Maps That Show How Ethnic Groups Are Divided Across America

26 Maps That Show How Ethnic Groups Are Divided Across Americ Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/maps-of-ancestry-groups-in-america-

Started by Russell Lynn Drysdale

2 Dec 21, 2013
Reply by Russell Lynn Drysdale

to find ancesters of grt grt grt grandmum ann drysdale mrs hugh drummond in fife scotland 1800s

Started by June carter

0 Nov 9, 2013

drysdale connetions to ann mrs hugh drummond

looking for connection to douglas , are they related to ann Drysdale married to drummonds

Started by June carter

0 Nov 9, 2013

The Douglas Family Origin ''Douglas Clan''

Sir William Douglas came to our region to fight with king alfonso king of spain ''Battle of Teba'' before he moved to Holy Land ''Jerusalem…

Started by Wissam Douglas

0 Oct 28, 2013

RSS

Making conections

The more information you can give about the people you mention, the more chance there is of someone else connecting with your family.

Dates and places of births, deaths and marriages all help to place families.

Professions also help.

'My great-grandmother mother was a Douglas from Montrose' does not give many clues to follow up! But a bit of flesh on the bones makes further research possible. But if we are told who she married, what his profession was and where the children were baptised, then we can get to work.

Maybe it is time to update the information in your profile?

© 2024   Created by William Douglas.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service