The Douglas Archives

A collection of historical and genalogical records

Genealogy (151)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

A new angle to a brick wall

I have been trying for a while now to find any information on one William George Douglass, who was transported to Australia in 1804 from Yo…

Started by Daryl John Douglass

12 Oct 23, 2013
Reply by Daryl John Douglass

help? Margaret Douglas abt 1761 M. John Stewart shipmaster abt 1755 also Abernethy, wyllie, webster, Fowler, Gibson

Margaret Douglas Tower abt 1761 M. John Stewart shipmaster b abt1747 d 15.9.1794 dau Margaret Douglas STEWART m.12 Aug 1815 Alexander RUST…

Started by Jackie Stoddard

2 Aug 5, 2013
Reply by Jackie Stoddard

New Zealand Douglas

My Grandfather was Allan Leslie Douglas - born Auckland, New Zealand. His brothers were Albert (Bert) Douglas, Frank Douglas who was killed…

Started by Graeme Thomas

4 Jul 12, 2013
Reply by Graeme Thomas

Farners in the Douglas clan

I am curious about where my paternal family fits into the clan!

Started by Susan Grace Farner

1 Jun 24, 2013
Reply by William Douglas

Breaks in the chain - Castle Douglas, Lochmaben, Worcester and London.

I was asked recently if I knew anything about the ancestors of Archibald Douglas (b: 1726 (Or 1786?) in Lochmaben, Dumfriesshire) and his w…

Started by William Douglas

4 Jun 20, 2013
Reply by Bob Henry

douglas family tree new england

Deacon William Douglas, Sr., b. 9 Aug 1610, Castle Douglas, Kirkcudbrightshire, Scotland , d. 26 Jul 1682, New London, New London, CT Mothe…

Started by Michael P Mccann

0 Jun 2, 2013

John Douglas 1859-1938. The lost years?

Hi everyone, I may have vaguely posed this question before but it's still without response - so any help would be welcome! My great-grandfa…

Started by john douglas

0 Mar 2, 2013

looking for any information with links to Urias/Uriah Douglas born 1802

First of all I would like to say Hello. I am new to this site and am very hopeful that I will find new and helpful Information. I have been…

Started by Michael Douglas

0 Mar 1, 2013

Douglas family from Maine

Hello Carman,  I have researched the John Douglas family you refer to in an attempt to make a connection but had no luck.  I really would h…

Started by Jane Miscavich

0 Feb 27, 2013

Alexander Douglas (1813-1876) married to Margaret (1808/1809)

They are from Dumfries/Closeburn/Kirmahoe area's Their children are: Agness Douglas (1839) Jane Douglas (1841) Stewart Douglas (1843) Joh…

Started by Maria Mahala

0 Feb 23, 2013

RSS

Making conections

The more information you can give about the people you mention, the more chance there is of someone else connecting with your family.

Dates and places of births, deaths and marriages all help to place families.

Professions also help.

'My great-grandmother mother was a Douglas from Montrose' does not give many clues to follow up! But a bit of flesh on the bones makes further research possible. But if we are told who she married, what his profession was and where the children were baptised, then we can get to work.

Maybe it is time to update the information in your profile?

© 2024   Created by William Douglas.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service