The Douglas Archives

A collection of historical and genalogical records

Genealogy (151)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Hugh and Sarah Douglass Jefferson county, Ohio

Good Day to everyone. This is my first time and I am very excited to join, I have started to search for Douglass relatives and have hit a s…

Started by Mary Pelton

3 Feb 21, 2013
Reply by Mary Pelton

Douglas' of Clinton/Carroll/Hendricks County Indiana via Butler County Ohio and Pennsylvania

First of all I would like to say Hello. I am new to this site and am very hopeful that I will find new and helpful Information. I have been…

Started by Michael Douglas

0 Dec 13, 2012

Alexander Dugle, Battle of Dunbar

I've been working on a Douglass family in Lynn MA who I thought might descend from Alexander Dugle (Douglas) who was transported after the…

Started by Betsey Heath Howes

5 Nov 9, 2012
Reply by Ramona S. Douglass

Alice Maude Douglas

Francis, you asked: Anybody shed light on Alice Maude Douglas married Julian Edmund Tennison Woods... in Adelaide. Mary MacKillop.. Scot b…

Started by William Douglas

0 Nov 2, 2012

Kilt Day

To follow the idea and discussion. Why not July 11th Roberts Birthday. Most Aussies and NZ wear Kilts on New Years Eve. Most Scots have big…

Started by Francis Douglas

0 Jul 8, 2012

James Douglass son of John Douglass

I am trying to trace the baptism of James Douglas, watchmaker of Chertsey The earliest record of him is the tax record of his apprenticeshi…

Started by Bob Douglas

0 Jul 3, 2012

Scotland looking at separation

We in Australia are far removed from the daily lives of our ancestors. We are generally used to hearing the dreadful repeats of NEWS an…

Started by Francis Douglas

1 Jun 29, 2012
Reply by Russell Lynn Drysdale

Robert Livingston(e) Morton

My father William (b.1927) is the youngest of 5 sons of Robert Livingston(e) Morton of Brooklyn, NY, and Marie Grant.  My father was "bab…

Started by Stephanie Ellin Morton

4 May 29, 2012
Reply by barbara l march

is there a sept for the Douglas Stewarts ; or those Douglas that married Stewarts or Stuarts

is there a sept for the Douglas Stewarts ; or those Douglas that married Stewarts or Stuarts and V V ? I have no ideas where to start to fi…

Started by Jackie Stoddard

0 Apr 10, 2012

Norman Douglas

I am looking for Norman Douglas of Strachur with whom I corresponded 20 years ago on the Douglas Family. Jean Maskell

Started by Jean Maskell

0 Mar 27, 2012

RSS

Making conections

The more information you can give about the people you mention, the more chance there is of someone else connecting with your family.

Dates and places of births, deaths and marriages all help to place families.

Professions also help.

'My great-grandmother mother was a Douglas from Montrose' does not give many clues to follow up! But a bit of flesh on the bones makes further research possible. But if we are told who she married, what his profession was and where the children were baptised, then we can get to work.

Maybe it is time to update the information in your profile?

© 2024   Created by William Douglas.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service