The Douglas Archives

A collection of historical and genalogical records

Genealogy (151)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

james main douglass - margaret jane storey

Hello - I think I can give you a lead re Margaret Jane Storey. Source 1 - Marriage cert 19/9/1880 John James Douglass 21 yrs 39 Henry Stree…

Started by lois knight

3 Apr 8, 2011
Reply by Lyndon Todd Douglass

Douglas of Springwoodpark

Major James Douglas of Springwoodpark was a distant cousin of my Great grandfathers. His wife was definitely not Dutch.  It was my greatgra…

Started by Justine Swaving- Doorenbos

1 Apr 7, 2011
Reply by William Douglas

Auchen The Droll

I am doing some research for my family's website (www.willison.org). One of my decendants was known as Auchen The Droll. He was a grandson…

Started by Dave Stewart

0 Mar 7, 2011

Re signing in by Jan Shaw.

I am Jan Shaw of Brisbane, Australia -just signing in again in case I was 'lost' . I am researching the Earls of Angus ;line, through the D…

Started by Jan Shaw

1 Feb 24, 2011
Reply by William Douglas

Looking for Douglass research help.

Greetings,                 I am currently trying to trace my lineage back to the homeland but have hit a brick wall.   Although a cousin of…

Started by Shawn Marchinek

0 Dec 23, 2010

Galloway Douglases

Contact me for the Galloway parents and siblings of the following:-   John Douglas, Provost Marshall of Island of Grenada, died there, 31 J…

Started by Bob Henry

0 Dec 1, 2010

Seeking images & any information on my DOUGLAS of Cavers Ancestors

Anyone with information  please contact me I am looking for digital copies of old photos/paintings and any other documents on my ancestors…

Started by Stephen Hatcher

0 Dec 1, 2010

'Early Douglas Settlers in America'

1)  From the above list, I am seeking information on: "Campbell Douglas, born Kirkcudbrightshire during 1782.  Grocer in Charleston, North…

Started by Bob Henry

0 Nov 26, 2010

Douglas with West Indies Connections

Ref. West Indies List: Anyone with an interest in Robert Douglas, Kelton Settlement, Trelawny, Jamaica, ( see "two wills located at the Pub…

Started by Bob Henry

0 Nov 26, 2010

William Douglas, Montreal.

A memorial inscription in Monigaff Churchyard, Kirkcudbrightshire, Scotland, reads: "Erected by William Douglas of Montreal in memory of hi…

Started by Bob Henry

0 Nov 24, 2010

RSS

Making conections

The more information you can give about the people you mention, the more chance there is of someone else connecting with your family.

Dates and places of births, deaths and marriages all help to place families.

Professions also help.

'My great-grandmother mother was a Douglas from Montrose' does not give many clues to follow up! But a bit of flesh on the bones makes further research possible. But if we are told who she married, what his profession was and where the children were baptised, then we can get to work.

Maybe it is time to update the information in your profile?

© 2024   Created by William Douglas.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service