The Douglas Archives

A collection of historical and genalogical records

Genealogy (151)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Domini & Mary’s daughter Sarah

The incorrect record of birth is attached to daughter Sarah on every ancestry website I have looked at. It lists father Domini, mother Sara…

Started by Paula Marx

1 Mar 11, 2023
Reply by William Douglas

Letters between Domini Douglass and George Washington

Has anyone seen these, and know where they are. I came across them a few weeks back, but I don’t remember where.

Started by Paula Marx

0 Mar 10, 2023

William Douglas b. 1668

I am traveling to Dumfries, Wigtown, and Castle Douglas to try to confirm the lineage of William Douglas (born 1668). Any suggestions for h…

Started by Kara Cox

1 Jan 14, 2023
Reply by William Douglas

Help to establish the Drysdale name and decendents after Thomas Douglas died in 1503

Hello From Australia, I have established lineage back to Jhone Drysdale born abt 1560 in Aloa clackmannan he may have been an illegitimate…

Started by Christopher Duncan Drysdale

2 Aug 30, 2022
Reply by William Douglas

Douglas family Inverness1

I was brought up in the highland orphanage Inverness now closed,is there anybody out there know of this place    

Started by Harold Dixon Douglas

29 Jun 22, 2022
Reply by William Douglas

Parentage of Hugh Douglass 1713-1780

I am having doubts about the parentage of Hugh Douglass born 1713 in New Cumnock, Scotland.  In Ancestry, lots of folks (including me) link…

Started by Gail Douglas Wenhardt

4 May 24, 2022
Reply by William Douglas

The new Newsletter.

Received the first copy of the new newsletter today. What a brilliant way to get news, stories and information to members. Well done Willi…

Started by Kenneth David Morton Douglas

1 Apr 15, 2022
Reply by William Douglas

Hi :-) a new aussie Douglas here :-)

My kids are on to me to update the information I got from a relative, it was a basic family tree of my Douglas family here in Australia. I…

Started by Peter James Douglas

4 Apr 11, 2022
Reply by William Douglas

James Douglass- Roxburghshire - Shepherd

I would like to connect with anyone who is researching Douglass family in Morebattle, Roxburgh, 18th and turn of 19th century time period (…

Started by Jeanee Tollefson

0 Jan 29, 2022

Douglas family of Pathhead-Kirkcaldy, 18th and turn of 19th century

I would like to connect with others who are researching Douglas family in Pathhead (aka Dunniker) and Kirkcaldy, 18th - turn of 19th centur…

Started by Jeanee Tollefson

0 Jan 29, 2022

RSS

Making conections

The more information you can give about the people you mention, the more chance there is of someone else connecting with your family.

Dates and places of births, deaths and marriages all help to place families.

Professions also help.

'My great-grandmother mother was a Douglas from Montrose' does not give many clues to follow up! But a bit of flesh on the bones makes further research possible. But if we are told who she married, what his profession was and where the children were baptised, then we can get to work.

Maybe it is time to update the information in your profile?

© 2024   Created by William Douglas.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service