The Douglas Archives

A collection of historical and genalogical records

Genealogy (151)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The London Douglass's Theatre owners and actors

I have found an interesting family of 12 brothers in East London who owned and acted on the stage at the Standard Theatre, which was owned…

Started by Linda Surridge

1 Sep 25, 2021
Reply by William Douglas

William Douglass (1610 - 1682)

Myself and others are interested in William Douglass (born 1610 in ?, died 1682 in New London,CT) and confirming his birthplace.  Tradition…

Started by Douglas Anderson

77 Aug 20, 2021
Reply by Martin Crowly

Seeking Parentage Archibald Douglas (1695-1756)

I have been trying to establish the father of my Lancaster, Pennsylvania ancestor, and have had no luck. Can anyone confirm the parentage o…

Started by Julie Bauer

5 Jul 6, 2021
Reply by Richard William Maginis Douglas

Overseers on behalf of Lady Elizabeth Dale on Dale's Gift

There was a succession of overseers including Henry Watkins, John Taylor, Charles Harmar, among others. The plantation was, for the most pa…

Started by Henry Barraud Hunt, Jr.

0 Jun 12, 2021

Samuel Douglas(s) b.Scotland 1699 d.New Hampshire 1793 Searching for father

I am Looking for the father of: Samuel Douglas b.1699 Burnhouses Auchingramont Hamilton, Aberdeenshire, Scotland d.1793 Littleton NH marrie…

Started by Bernadine Douglass

23 Apr 19, 2021
Reply by Ian Douglass

Douglas of Burnbrae

I have received the following information: I found information connected to my family, it is a Will Instruction from Archibald Douglas whic…

Started by William Douglas

1 Dec 7, 2020
Reply by William Douglas

DOUGLASES IN CHILE

Recently I seem to have been receiving a number of :"friend" requests from folks in Chile.  Is there any research into Douglas families who…

Started by Gilbert Franklin Douglas III

5 Oct 10, 2020
Reply by William Douglas

Ann Douglas (married to Walter White), connected to Douglas of Ulston, Jedburgh

Hi Selkirk Marriages has Walter White, Tenant in Brownmoor in Selkirk parish & Ann Dowglas in Jedburgh parish, on 8 Dec 1773. Cationer…

Started by John Bonn

5 Aug 29, 2020
Reply by John Bonn

Johan Rosie Douglas

Hi All,   I am new to the site so take it easy on me ;0)   I wonder if anyone out there has common ancestors and can help me grow the my br…

Started by Harold Leduc

7 Aug 7, 2020
Reply by Harold Leduc

Jane DOUGLAS of Edenburt County Cavan

I found my Great Great Grandmother Jane DOUGLAS on a surviving fragment of the 1821 census at Edenburt near Virginia Co. Cavan Ireland.  Sh…

Started by James Williams

3 Jun 30, 2020
Reply by William Douglas

RSS

Making conections

The more information you can give about the people you mention, the more chance there is of someone else connecting with your family.

Dates and places of births, deaths and marriages all help to place families.

Professions also help.

'My great-grandmother mother was a Douglas from Montrose' does not give many clues to follow up! But a bit of flesh on the bones makes further research possible. But if we are told who she married, what his profession was and where the children were baptised, then we can get to work.

Maybe it is time to update the information in your profile?

© 2024   Created by William Douglas.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service