The Douglas Archives

A collection of historical and genalogical records

Genealogy (151)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

George Douglas of Accomack County, Virginia

Thank you William. I have found my computer to be stubborn. For the past couple of years I have become dependent upon secondary sources as…

Started by Henry Barraud Hunt, Jr.

3 May 4, 2020
Reply by Henry Barraud Hunt, Jr.

Jane Douglas

I don’t know if I am in the right place but I am looking for any information on my ggg grandmother, Jane (Jeannie) Douglas. She was born c.…

Started by Robert James Dean , Jr.

6 Apr 19, 2020
Reply by Russell Lynn Drysdale

DOUGLAS CHART all three Branches DRUMLANRIG , ANGUS , MORTON

DOUGLAS CHART all three Branches DRUMLANRIG , ANGUS , MORTON this is all copied from a group I run Royal Stuart and Stewart Autosomal DNA ,…

Started by Jackie Stoddard

0 Apr 6, 2020

Archibald Douglas b ca 1665 to America 1725-1728

I have looked for many years for the ancestors of Archibald Douglas b:ca 1665 in Scotland/d:29 Feb 1728 in Kent Co., Colony of Delaware . …

Started by RC Collins

9 Feb 26, 2020
Reply by Richard William Maginis Douglas

Lady Elizabeth Christian Douglas 1524-1575

My wife's lineage in America traces back to John Forrester Forsyth Forrest 1524-1573, in Scotland, whose spouse is listed as Lady Elizabeth…

Started by Troy William Cornelius

2 Feb 4, 2020
Reply by Troy William Cornelius

Morton - links to Douglas

My paternal line Morton has always regarded itself as of the Douglas clan. As a consequence through my years I have acquired my father's Do…

Started by Bruce Stewart Morton

11 Jan 29, 2020
Reply by Mark Stephen Elliott

Lord James Douglas, the Black Douglas

I am working in Ancestry.com on my ancestors from Scotland and have reached an impasse. I have reached an ancestor named Sir William Dougla…

Started by Eric Peter Douglas

5 Jan 19, 2020
Reply by Eric Peter Douglas

Douglas Dunkeld.

Hi i can trace my family history to Dunkeld and towns from around there back to 1841 anybody know any more about them?.

Started by Paul Douglas

2 Dec 10, 2019
Reply by Paul Douglas

Seeking informations about Robert Douglas and Robert Bruce Douglas

Some details about my family :   Robert (Bruce Erle) DOUGLAS (my grand father) was born in Paris on January 5th, 1892. He was the son of Ro…

Started by DOUGLAS Jean-Paul

0 Oct 15, 2019

Wife of William Wilson Douglas (1880 - 1923)

Hi everyone, I'm trying to find more information about the wife of William Wilson Douglas (1880 - 1923). They were my great grandparents.…

Started by Tom Jenks

5 Aug 16, 2019
Reply by William Douglas

RSS

Making conections

The more information you can give about the people you mention, the more chance there is of someone else connecting with your family.

Dates and places of births, deaths and marriages all help to place families.

Professions also help.

'My great-grandmother mother was a Douglas from Montrose' does not give many clues to follow up! But a bit of flesh on the bones makes further research possible. But if we are told who she married, what his profession was and where the children were baptised, then we can get to work.

Maybe it is time to update the information in your profile?

© 2024   Created by William Douglas.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service