The Douglas Archives

A collection of historical and genalogical records

Genealogy (151)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Morton Sept

Hello to all the Mortons. Basically, I am developing the family Tree recorded by my grandfather. His great grandfather was a William Morton…

Started by James Michael Morton

5 Feb 11, 2015
Reply by Laura J Olson

Looking for Decendants of WILLIAM DOUGLASS b-1720, Charles County, Maryland, U.S.A. Married to a "Rachael".

I am trying to find who William Douglass parents were, or "Rachaels" maiden name. I am desperately trying to research past this brick wall!…

Started by Wendy Douglas~Winchell

3 Dec 30, 2014
Reply by Ruth McDaniel

William Douglass b-1720 Charles Co. Maryland, USA

Hello Fellow Clans, I am reposting my search for WILLIAM DOUGLASS , it's been a long journey, and sadly I have not  been able to find anyth…

Started by Wendy Douglas~Winchell

1 Dec 30, 2014
Reply by Ruth McDaniel

Colonel John Douglas

Samuel Douglas, former plantation owner in Jamaica, died Charleston, SC, 1799, refers in his will to one of his Executors as, "Colonel John…

Started by Bob Henry

7 Dec 22, 2014
Reply by Bob Henry

Can anyone please help with Douglases from Coleraine, or from Bushmills, County Antrim areas Northern ireland?

Gt Gt Gt Grandfather James Douglas: his son was Joseph Douglas my Gt Gt Grandfather who m. Margaret Jane Simpson in 1849: their son was Wil…

Started by Sonyya Lorraine Mehrtens

0 Dec 6, 2014

Douglas Willan Family

I am interested in this branch of my family.  My maiden name was Willan and my grandfather was Robert Hugh Willan, one of 4 children of Fra…

Started by Bridget Andrea Louise Fox

10 Oct 15, 2014
Reply by William Douglas

Lt Col Edward Douglas

Russell I feel certain that Col Douglas was born in the Norfolk Area. Wills and church records are not available to me. To write about his…

Started by Henry Barraud Hunt, Jr.

0 Aug 20, 2014

Continuation The Edward Douglas Family

Further information on Lt Colonel Edward Douglas ahd Isabella Dale. Isabella's brother, Richard Dale left a will in 1619 in Middlesex Count…

Started by Henry Barraud Hunt, Jr.

0 Jun 28, 2014

Roderick Douglas

Trying to find information on my Douglas Ancestry Roderick Douglas born around 1732, He may be the son of Robert Douglas and Helen Rue. Rob…

Started by Lisa Day

3 Jun 13, 2014
Reply by Lisa Day

Frances Elizabeth Douglas married a James Templeton McGarrah

I have received a message saying: 'trying to find a connection for Frances Elizabeth Douglas, born 179,1 Petersham, London; died 1839, Bren…

Started by William Douglas

3 May 17, 2014
Reply by William Douglas

RSS

Making conections

The more information you can give about the people you mention, the more chance there is of someone else connecting with your family.

Dates and places of births, deaths and marriages all help to place families.

Professions also help.

'My great-grandmother mother was a Douglas from Montrose' does not give many clues to follow up! But a bit of flesh on the bones makes further research possible. But if we are told who she married, what his profession was and where the children were baptised, then we can get to work.

Maybe it is time to update the information in your profile?

© 2024   Created by William Douglas.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service