The Douglas Archives

A collection of historical and genalogical records

General (25)

Featured Discussions

Head of the House of Douglas

The revival of interest in Scottish ancestry over the last 50 years has encouraged many clans and families, who had not previously done so,…

Started by William DouglasLatest Reply

Douglases in Slavery and the Slave Trade

This section is dedicated to networking and research into the Douglases involved in slavery and the slave trade. Virtually all Afrodescend…

Started by William DouglasLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

William Drysdale of Mount Sterling Kentucky, Father of James Drysdale of Rush County

William Drysdale was born near Mount Sterling, Kentucky, July 17, 1815; died at Virginia April 7th, 1898. He moved to Rush county, Ind, and…

Started by Russell Lynn Drysdale

1 Nov 3, 2023
Reply by Russell Lynn Drysdale

JAMES DRYSDALE of Rush county, Indiana

.... JAMES DRYSDALE. The subject of this srvetch was born in Rush county, Indiana, in 1843; was the third child of William and Elizabeth (…

0 Oct 1, 2023

Samuel Irvine Dryadale of Jessamine County, Kentucky

. Samuel Irvine Dryadale. . .Died, In this city, Tuesday, August 13th, Samuel Irvine Drysdale, aged 79 years, 5 months and 21 days. Mr. Dr…

0 Sep 21, 2023

Head of the House of Douglas

The revival of interest in Scottish ancestry over the last 50 years has encouraged many clans and families, who had not previously done so,…

Started by William Douglas

26 Sep 10, 2023
Reply by Hubert Langenstein

The devil called Peter Drysdale

While in British Columbia, I had a tale related to me by an Acadian - an old story about a devil , dressed in all black with cloven hooves…

2 Jul 15, 2023

Hello from Robert Douglas Glover

Hello all, I am new to the forum I am researching any and all Douglas lines in Argyllshire and the adjacent shires. My earliest known DOUGL…

Started by Robert Douglas Glover

4 Jun 14, 2023
Reply by William Douglas

Penkridge ...

...''Railways and Roads The Grand Junction railway on the northern part of the line from London to Manchester and Liverpool passes through…

1 Apr 20, 2023

Translation

I_Centurione_Scotto%20%282%29.pdf

3 Nov 3, 2022

possible email scam through this site?

i received an email from a sotia teneh and everything i read about her is vague and suspicsious of scamming. Starts off good day and mentio…

Started by Gary Erwin Douglass JR

19 Jan 28, 2022
Reply by William Douglas

The Descendants of Walter Micheal Aubrey Douglas and Juliana Catherine Spiller

Hello Im working on my family tree..My Great great great Grand father was Walter Micheal Aubrey Douglas husband of Juliana Catherine Spiler…

Started by Neomai Marau Douglas

1 Sep 18, 2021
Reply by Iona Douglas

RSS

Making conections

The more information you can give about the people you mention, the more chance there is of someone else connecting with your family.

Dates and places of births, deaths and marriages all help to place families.

Professions also help.

'My great-grandmother mother was a Douglas from Montrose' does not give many clues to follow up! But a bit of flesh on the bones makes further research possible. But if we are told who she married, what his profession was and where the children were baptised, then we can get to work.

Maybe it is time to update the information in your profile?

© 2024   Created by William Douglas.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service