The Douglas Archives

A collection of historical and genalogical records

General (25)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Thursday , July 18th 2019

Which Douglas line are you researching? Dates and places help making connections. For Myself , Sept name , Drysdale, in particular , Willi…

Started by Russell Lynn Drysdale

2 Dec 15, 2020
Reply by Russell Lynn Drysdale

Simplified view vs. Desktop view in a group

Show simplified view. ... in the group Drysdale Archives this simplified view simply leaves out most information posted there using a cell…

3 Jan 14, 2020
Reply by Russell Lynn Drysdale

Mapping

I have provided a limited mapping service for the genealogy database for some years.  However, Google now charges for this.    Legacy, my d…

Started by William Douglas

1 May 30, 2018
Reply by Jackie Stoddard

really ?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/king-no-gabby-douglas-anthem-outrage-white-olympic-medalists-article-1.2760918 Gabby Douglas is n…

0 Aug 25, 2016

the inquisitive party

A choice encounter with a very inquisitive party who contacted me  nearly begging me to  volunteer my time in searching for a long lost Gre…

2 Nov 24, 2013
Reply by Bob Henry

possible scam on site

i received an email from a miss sandy and everything i read about her is vague and suspicsious of scamming. hello  would like to get acquai…

Started by Gary Erwin Douglass JR

2 Aug 23, 2013
Reply by Jeremy James Douglas

Scotland trip

I am planning a trip to Scotland in late Aug or Sept. My daughter and her new husband [both of Scottish decent ] are meeting us in Scotland…

Started by Steven Michael AlbroWilliam

2 Jul 10, 2013
Reply by Steven Michael AlbroWilliam

Stephanie Assa

Hello all, I'm sure the mail that many of us have received from Stephanie Assa is spam, I've deleted it and I'd advise otthers to do the sa…

Started by john douglas

0 May 30, 2013

The Australian Standing Stones - the missing link.

G'Day Folks!   I'd like to share with you a story and a cause I've now taken up to right a wrong. Late last month my delightful partner and…

Started by Andrew Douglas

14 Apr 30, 2013
Reply by Andrew Douglas

Sir George Scott (1770-1841) portrait

I have recently acquired a nice portrait of Rear-Admiral Sir George Scott - a very handsome man.  It is in chalk and it was probably a prel…

Started by Michael Symons

0 Jul 19, 2012

RSS

Making conections

The more information you can give about the people you mention, the more chance there is of someone else connecting with your family.

Dates and places of births, deaths and marriages all help to place families.

Professions also help.

'My great-grandmother mother was a Douglas from Montrose' does not give many clues to follow up! But a bit of flesh on the bones makes further research possible. But if we are told who she married, what his profession was and where the children were baptised, then we can get to work.

Maybe it is time to update the information in your profile?

© 2024   Created by William Douglas.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service