The Douglas Archives

A collection of historical and genalogical records

William Douglas's Discussions (336)

Discussions Replied To (12) Replies Latest Activity

"One of the people referenced in the book is Dr Charles James Douglas, sometime of Tu…"

William Douglas replied Apr 17, 2022 to A history of the Douglas family whose Ulster roots are from Lurgan, Co. Armagh, Northern Ireland and surrounding Townlands

15 Apr 17, 2022
Reply by William Douglas

"Lovely to hear from you, Jenni. Connecting the Douglas ancestors in Ireland is a str…"

William Douglas replied Apr 16, 2021 to A history of the Douglas family whose Ulster roots are from Lurgan, Co. Armagh, Northern Ireland and surrounding Townlands

15 Apr 17, 2022
Reply by William Douglas

"The records were destroyed during the Uprising, but more recent transcriptions of ch…"

William Douglas replied May 14, 2020 to SAMUEL DOUGLAS (born abt. 1779) OF ARDINARIVE/ NEWTOWNLIMAVADY)

3 Jul 22, 2020
Reply by Susanna Elizabeth Bain

"All the links on this page appear to be working now.  Please let me know if they are…"

William Douglas replied Nov 21, 2019 to A history of the Douglas family whose Ulster roots are from Lurgan, Co. Armagh, Northern Ireland and surrounding Townlands

15 Apr 17, 2022
Reply by William Douglas

"The 'Mavis Book' is a collection of pdfs.  Could that be the problem?  I have not ye…"

William Douglas replied Nov 20, 2019 to A history of the Douglas family whose Ulster roots are from Lurgan, Co. Armagh, Northern Ireland and surrounding Townlands

15 Apr 17, 2022
Reply by William Douglas

"OOps! Two - I have just found another"

William Douglas replied Nov 19, 2019 to A history of the Douglas family whose Ulster roots are from Lurgan, Co. Armagh, Northern Ireland and surrounding Townlands

15 Apr 17, 2022
Reply by William Douglas

"I found one broken link which I am working towards fixing, but the others seem OK Wi…"

William Douglas replied Nov 19, 2019 to A history of the Douglas family whose Ulster roots are from Lurgan, Co. Armagh, Northern Ireland and surrounding Townlands

15 Apr 17, 2022
Reply by William Douglas

"I have known Nick Kingsley for some time, through the web, and look at his blog occa…"

William Douglas replied Apr 18, 2019 to Charles Douglas of Dervock

11 Feb 5, 2021
Reply by Richard William Maginis Douglas

"I am not sure that he was a bishop.  I have found no evidence that he was. In 1781,…"

William Douglas replied Apr 17, 2019 to Charles Douglas of Dervock

11 Feb 5, 2021
Reply by Richard William Maginis Douglas

"Thank you"

William Douglas replied May 29, 2018 to Immigrants to the South: Carolinas, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi

3 May 29, 2018
Reply by William Douglas

RSS

Making conections

The more information you can give about the people you mention, the more chance there is of someone else connecting with your family.

Dates and places of births, deaths and marriages all help to place families.

Professions also help.

'My great-grandmother mother was a Douglas from Montrose' does not give many clues to follow up! But a bit of flesh on the bones makes further research possible. But if we are told who she married, what his profession was and where the children were baptised, then we can get to work.

Maybe it is time to update the information in your profile?

© 2024   Created by William Douglas.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service