The Douglas Archives

A collection of historical and genalogical records

William Douglas's Discussions (336)

Discussions Replied To (240) Replies Latest Activity

"Welcome to our network, Susan. if you put Northamptonshire into the search box at th…"

William Douglas replied Dec 11, 2012 to Northamptonshire Douglas(s)

25 Feb 17, 2017
Reply by Nigel Douglas

"Umm - 23rd July - 3rd August 2014? Accommodation and flights will be expensive... We…"

William Douglas replied Oct 16, 2012 to Gathering date

3 May 8, 2013
Reply by William Douglas

" Chris Brown's excellent book, 'Scottish Battlefields'  is available in our Book Sto…"

William Douglas replied May 27, 2012 to Second Scottish War of Independence Skirmishes.

5 May 27, 2012
Reply by William Douglas

"Gary, you are very welcome as a member of our community. You will know that we are a…"

William Douglas replied May 11, 2012 to William Douglass (1610 - 1682)

77 Aug 20, 2021
Reply by Martin Crowly

"The Australian Celtic Festival is a major event on the national calendar, traditiona…"

William Douglas replied Apr 22, 2012 to The Australian Standing Stones - the missing link.

14 Apr 30, 2013
Reply by Andrew Douglas

""

William Douglas replied Mar 31, 2012 to The Australian Standing Stones - the missing link.

14 Apr 30, 2013
Reply by Andrew Douglas

"Henry, we have had a look at tracing Edward before, and I was unable to help you.  H…"

William Douglas replied Mar 24, 2012 to Edward Douglas of Northampton County Virginia

1 Mar 24, 2012
Reply by William Douglas

"See also: https://douglashistory.ning.com/profiles/blogs/ancient-mausoleum-receives a…"

William Douglas replied Mar 23, 2012 to Douglas Vault at Kilmun in Argyll

1 Mar 23, 2012
Reply by William Douglas

"Done"

William Douglas replied Mar 4, 2012 to The Douglas/Douglas-Willan/Willan connection

41 Nov 25, 2016
Reply by William Douglas

"Thank you - yes, I think I have those connections now."

William Douglas replied Mar 3, 2012 to The Douglas/Douglas-Willan/Willan connection

41 Nov 25, 2016
Reply by William Douglas

RSS

Making conections

The more information you can give about the people you mention, the more chance there is of someone else connecting with your family.

Dates and places of births, deaths and marriages all help to place families.

Professions also help.

'My great-grandmother mother was a Douglas from Montrose' does not give many clues to follow up! But a bit of flesh on the bones makes further research possible. But if we are told who she married, what his profession was and where the children were baptised, then we can get to work.

Maybe it is time to update the information in your profile?

© 2024   Created by William Douglas.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service