The Douglas Archives

A collection of historical and genalogical records

William Douglas's Discussions (336)

Discussions Replied To (240) Replies Latest Activity

"It is disappointing, isn't it? I have posts on numerous message boards, as i know d…"

William Douglas replied Nov 25, 2009 to The Douglas/Douglas-Willan/Willan connection

41 Nov 25, 2016
Reply by William Douglas

"I wonder how old his wife was? He did well to have three children born after his 60…"

William Douglas replied Nov 24, 2009 to Douglases in Slavery and the Slave Trade

7 Oct 26, 2010
Reply by William Douglas

"The advice usually given into how to research your family tree is to start with your…"

William Douglas replied Nov 11, 2009 to North West of England

8 Feb 10, 2010
Reply by Gavin Keith Douglas

"Gavin, I was pondering your question about Douglases in the North West of England,…"

William Douglas replied Nov 11, 2009 to North West of England

8 Feb 10, 2010
Reply by Gavin Keith Douglas

"I have just come across a map of London, dated 1831, which shows Regents Park, laid…"

William Douglas replied Nov 1, 2009 to The Douglas/Douglas-Willan/Willan connection

41 Nov 25, 2016
Reply by William Douglas

"Wendy, If I read your own page correctly, you are looking for William Douglass, b17…"

William Douglas replied Oct 31, 2009 to Looking for Decendants of WILLIAM DOUGLASS b-1720, Charles County, Maryland, U.S.A. Married to a "Rachael".

3 Dec 30, 2014
Reply by Ruth McDaniel

"A couple of years ago, a msesage was posted on genealogy.com's forum seeking informa…"

William Douglas replied Oct 29, 2009 to Douglas of Baads

1 Oct 29, 2009
Reply by William Douglas

"Major Robert Douglas of the Chatham Division of the Marines served on board HMS Infl…"

William Douglas replied Oct 21, 2009 to The Douglas/Douglas-Willan/Willan connection

41 Nov 25, 2016
Reply by William Douglas

"Well done, David! This takes us forward on a number of fronts. I can guess how hard…"

William Douglas replied Oct 20, 2009 to The Douglas/Douglas-Willan/Willan connection

41 Nov 25, 2016
Reply by William Douglas

"The role of a clan chief in modern society. Just published on the Panalba website,…"

William Douglas replied Oct 9, 2009 to Head of the House of Douglas

26 Sep 10, 2023
Reply by Hubert Langenstein

RSS

Making conections

The more information you can give about the people you mention, the more chance there is of someone else connecting with your family.

Dates and places of births, deaths and marriages all help to place families.

Professions also help.

'My great-grandmother mother was a Douglas from Montrose' does not give many clues to follow up! But a bit of flesh on the bones makes further research possible. But if we are told who she married, what his profession was and where the children were baptised, then we can get to work.

Maybe it is time to update the information in your profile?

© 2024   Created by William Douglas.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service