The Douglas Archives

A collection of historical and genalogical records

William Douglas's Discussions (336)

Discussions Replied To (240) Replies Latest Activity

"Re: Douglass who's family came from Loughborough, I have just posted an article abou…"

William Douglas replied Nov 16, 2018 to Douglas from Yarm, Yorkshire

6 Nov 16, 2018
Reply by William Douglas

"Oh!  So you will know mare about it than I do!And I have still not visited. Closed n…"

William Douglas replied Oct 19, 2018 to Dame Margaret Douglas

5 Oct 30, 2018
Reply by J Coghlan

"This does not answer your question, but might be of interest: http://www.douglashist…"

William Douglas replied Oct 18, 2018 to Dame Margaret Douglas

5 Oct 30, 2018
Reply by J Coghlan

"I am having some difficulty following your notes.  Presumably it was Rev. William Tu…"

William Douglas replied Apr 4, 2018 to Douglas/Tulloch

2 Apr 5, 2018
Reply by Judy Line

"I have been rooting around looking for evidence and have (so far) found none. Howeve…"

William Douglas replied Mar 20, 2018 to Douglases fighting for the Axis Powers and Russia

1 Mar 20, 2018
Reply by William Douglas

"Thank you, Dave."

William Douglas replied Mar 7, 2018 to Douglas family Inverness1

29 Jun 22, 2022
Reply by William Douglas

"Welcome to our group, Levi. I note that Robert, your father, was a gem miner in Oran…"

William Douglas replied Jan 15, 2018 to Looking for information on a Robert Douglas White(Douglas) born in Hull United Kingdom 23/1/49

3 Jan 15, 2018
Reply by Levi Ravenswood

"Is this him?Vestryman, frequent candidate and Burgess George Douglas had access to h…"

William Douglas replied Dec 13, 2017 to George Douglas of Accomack County, Virginia

3 May 4, 2020
Reply by Henry Barraud Hunt, Jr.

"see also: https://douglashistory.ning.com/profiles/blogs/a-breakthrough?xg_source=act…"

William Douglas replied Nov 13, 2017 to Edward Douglas B 1824 Birmingham England

6 Nov 13, 2017
Reply by William Douglas

"The first step is to identify the earliest Douglas in your ancestry.  But as you pro…"

William Douglas replied Sep 29, 2017 to WHERE TO SEARCH...

1 Sep 29, 2017
Reply by William Douglas

RSS

Making conections

The more information you can give about the people you mention, the more chance there is of someone else connecting with your family.

Dates and places of births, deaths and marriages all help to place families.

Professions also help.

'My great-grandmother mother was a Douglas from Montrose' does not give many clues to follow up! But a bit of flesh on the bones makes further research possible. But if we are told who she married, what his profession was and where the children were baptised, then we can get to work.

Maybe it is time to update the information in your profile?

© 2024   Created by William Douglas.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service