The Douglas Archives

A collection of historical and genalogical records

William Douglas's Discussions (336)

Discussions Replied To (240) Replies Latest Activity

"The village of Maidens lies at the south end of Ayrshire's Maidenhead Bay some six m…"

William Douglas replied Dec 6, 2010 to Edward Douglas B 1824 Birmingham England

6 Nov 13, 2017
Reply by William Douglas

"Looking for the Douglas connection, I found this in Vaughn Baker's website : Baron T…"

William Douglas replied Dec 3, 2010 to Colonel Edward Douglas born Dec 1590 in Scotland his ancestry

22 Apr 1, 2019
Reply by Russell Lynn Drysdale

"I have added 5 biographies this morning - all Canadian. One of these was for James M…"

William Douglas replied Nov 19, 2010 to family moves

2 Nov 19, 2010
Reply by Cathy Williamson

"I am totally sidetracked today, and have come across a remarkable family. Mourning…"

William Douglas replied Oct 26, 2010 to Douglases in Slavery and the Slave Trade

7 Oct 26, 2010
Reply by William Douglas

"Amy, I cannot answer your question, but I have found these names: Janet Douglas mar…"

William Douglas replied Sep 16, 2010 to Janet Douglas' parents (b. between 1791-1799) in Logierait, Perthshire

1 Sep 16, 2010
Reply by William Douglas

"I have just come across this entry in Debrett's People of Today: MORTON, 21 Earl of…"

William Douglas replied Jul 17, 2010 to Head of the House of Douglas

26 Sep 10, 2023
Reply by Hubert Langenstein

"I have seen references to a George Douglas in Accomak a century later, but I am unab…"

William Douglas replied Jul 8, 2010 to Colonel Edward Douglas born Dec 1590 in Scotland his ancestry

22 Apr 1, 2019
Reply by Russell Lynn Drysdale

"Lyon Court Publishes New Guidelines on Family Conventions Formerly Known as an Ad Ho…"

William Douglas replied Jul 4, 2010 to Head of the House of Douglas

26 Sep 10, 2023
Reply by Hubert Langenstein

"Bridget, My turn to ask some questions! I am interested in possible links between…"

William Douglas replied Jun 23, 2010 to Douglas Willan Family

10 Oct 15, 2014
Reply by William Douglas

"Douglas - could you please check the link to angelfire?"

William Douglas replied Jun 23, 2010 to William Douglass (1610 - 1682)

77 Aug 20, 2021
Reply by Martin Crowly

RSS

Making conections

The more information you can give about the people you mention, the more chance there is of someone else connecting with your family.

Dates and places of births, deaths and marriages all help to place families.

Professions also help.

'My great-grandmother mother was a Douglas from Montrose' does not give many clues to follow up! But a bit of flesh on the bones makes further research possible. But if we are told who she married, what his profession was and where the children were baptised, then we can get to work.

Maybe it is time to update the information in your profile?

© 2024   Created by William Douglas.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service