The Douglas Archives

A collection of historical and genalogical records

i received an email from a sotia teneh and everything i read about her is vague and suspicsious of scamming. Starts off good day and mentions having vital information and to contact her. anyone else have this? or is she a legitimate member of the Douglas site?

Views: 470

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I too have received this message and have immediately placed it in the bin - certainly spam!!

Sorry about that.  I did think her personal details were a bit odd, but she gave reasonable details of ancestors, so I risked letting her join.  My mistake!

I have suspended her account.

William

So glad I checked this first.  I too received this message.  Hate scammers, I was excited  for a very small minute until I read the part that she wanted me to contact her directly as she had something that was apparently not appropriate for the public site.  Thanks for checking it out -  I will place her in my spam bin. 

A Maris

This is another scammer as well. Thanks for all you do!

Clemeunt Tranumn Douglass IV 

MPLS, MN USA

Gosh!  This is so annoying!

She/He has been removed from the site.

William

Hello

I also received the same email. Glad I checked here before replying.

Interesting as I also received it and noted its country of origin - I have had several scam emails recently from African countries on a gold fossicking site which I am a member of so was immediately sceptical.

I simply ignored it as it appeared too dodgy to reply.

Hi, yes me too, but I havent replied, and Im not going to! Well spotted! Keep aware everyone!

Sue

I received it as well and I too was suspicious and Junked it. Peter Douglas

i also received this message and am glad i junked it !!!

Yes, she contacted me too! I did not follow up.
I'm a few weeks late chiming in but I got one too. Ignored it and let two fellow Clan folks know about it. I believe we all deleted it.

RSS

Making conections

The more information you can give about the people you mention, the more chance there is of someone else connecting with your family.

Dates and places of births, deaths and marriages all help to place families.

Professions also help.

'My great-grandmother mother was a Douglas from Montrose' does not give many clues to follow up! But a bit of flesh on the bones makes further research possible. But if we are told who she married, what his profession was and where the children were baptised, then we can get to work.

Maybe it is time to update the information in your profile?

© 2024   Created by William Douglas.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service