The Douglas Archives

A collection of historical and genalogical records

Looking for assistance in researching my wife's Drysdale history. I've been able to go back to Robert Drysdale d: 11 May 1876, m: Christina Marshall 1846 but I am at a road block finding Robert's parents. Any help would be greatly appreciated and saving me more hair hoss. Thank you ..... Don

Views: 221

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Don  , can you add more information  locations , profession , children's  names , any known siblings  ?

Hello Russell:

Thanks to Scotland's People website I have made some progress since my 2017 post.

Robert Drysdale (who married Christina Marshall in Bo'ness on 11 April 1846) was the first child of Robert Drysdale and Katherine (Catherine, Catharine, Katharine) Duncan who were married on 11 June 1819 in Bo'ness.  As per the 1841 Census - Robert would have been born in 1796 and Katherine born in 1801.  Robert's occupation was that of a tailor which fits family memories and pictures.

Robert and Katherine had 11 children - Robert, Andrew, William, John, Katharine, Elizabeth, Katharine, Ebenezer, Janet, Andrew and Janet.

I'm at a road block for any leads to the Robert Drysdale (occupation of Tailor) who married Katherine Duncan on 11 June 1819 in Bo'ness.

The family tree I created in Legacy has 143 individuals and 52 families - all verified and documented.

Any of your wisdom and knowledge would be greatly appreciated .... Don Theall (theallde@hotmail.com)

FYI - We celebrated our 25th Wedding anniversary in Hamilton, Scotland in the same church where my wife's (Aileen) parents were married.  We celebrated our 50th Wedding in 2018 by renewing our vows at Gretna Green.

The person you are looking into is quite well documented on the free Familysearch website

Robert Drysdale ID - KCQ3-XN4

His father is Robert Drysdale and mother Mary Messer

Also the FreeCen website gives some info on a Robert Drysdale born 1795 occupation Master Tailor but different wife - Agnes
1851 Census Midlothian

https://www.freecen.org.uk/search_records/59058120e9379091b15172e1/...

Regards

Ron

Hello Ronald:

Thank you ever so much for the data and link.  I'll give it a try.

Don

RSS

Making conections

The more information you can give about the people you mention, the more chance there is of someone else connecting with your family.

Dates and places of births, deaths and marriages all help to place families.

Professions also help.

'My great-grandmother mother was a Douglas from Montrose' does not give many clues to follow up! But a bit of flesh on the bones makes further research possible. But if we are told who she married, what his profession was and where the children were baptised, then we can get to work.

Maybe it is time to update the information in your profile?

© 2024   Created by William Douglas.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service