The Douglas Archives

A collection of historical and genalogical records

Walter Michael Aubrey Barnes Douglas was the son of Walter Richard Barnes and Christiana Isabella Douglas. Walter Richard Barnes is the son of Michael William Barnes and Georgina Catherine Conventry (2nd daughter of the 7th earl of Conventry). Now back to Christiana Isabella Douglas , Christianna is the daughter of John Kearsley Douglas Willan (Willan after his wife Isabella Maria Willan, after they got married and their surname combined) John Kearsley Douglas is the son of Robert Douglas.

So Walter Michael Aubrey Barnes Douglas had his surname, his wife and 7 children surnames changed to Douglas after his mother's side of the family, it was changed by deed poll on 7th November 1877.

When I started researching on our family geneology, I only knew about Walter Richard Barnes Douglas , now I'm glad I've managed to know more about his line reaching up until Robert Douglas , all thanks to aunty Lillian Bregmen and uncle Seth for reaching out to us in the island. Thankyou aunt Lillian for the book and family tree pdf's you sent my dad , we're indeed greatful to learn and know more about our family.

Views: 335

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Flavia:

If you dig into the Douglas Archives you will find that the above [Lt. Gen.] Robert Douglas was son of Lt. Col. Robert Douglas of the Royal Chatham Marines. According to Seth's side there is a petition, which I was unable to locate, which takes the family back two more generations. I also sent William the Willan family genealogy back to the 1600s which I understand he posted.

Cordially,

David

Hi David,

Thanks a lot for the extra info on the Willan family genealogy and Lt Gen Robert, this is getting a lot more interesting, I  will definitely look into it .

Regards,

Flavia

RSS

Making conections

The more information you can give about the people you mention, the more chance there is of someone else connecting with your family.

Dates and places of births, deaths and marriages all help to place families.

Professions also help.

'My great-grandmother mother was a Douglas from Montrose' does not give many clues to follow up! But a bit of flesh on the bones makes further research possible. But if we are told who she married, what his profession was and where the children were baptised, then we can get to work.

Maybe it is time to update the information in your profile?

© 2024   Created by William Douglas.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service