The Douglas Archives

A collection of historical and genalogical records

I don't know who she is, but it looks like she left all of us members the same message. Sounds kind of eerie to me. I would warn against this and not respond...it could be a scam. But then again, I could be wrong. I'm not taking a chance!

Just trying to be helpful~

Regards.

Views: 70

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wendy,

I agree with you. The best bet is for everyone to delete the message and not answer.

I think William should block the address if possible.

Regards

Tony Stapleton
White Lake, ON
Several of our members have contacted me about 'Doris'. Sadly, people like 'her' roam the net, and 'she' has been seen on several sites, spamming members.

As soon as I spot occurrences like this, I suspend their account. They probably pop up in a new guise, but I try to keep on top of this.

Wendy - sorry to take so long to respond, but I have been away for a couple of days.

William

RSS

Making conections

The more information you can give about the people you mention, the more chance there is of someone else connecting with your family.

Dates and places of births, deaths and marriages all help to place families.

Professions also help.

'My great-grandmother mother was a Douglas from Montrose' does not give many clues to follow up! But a bit of flesh on the bones makes further research possible. But if we are told who she married, what his profession was and where the children were baptised, then we can get to work.

Maybe it is time to update the information in your profile?

© 2024   Created by William Douglas.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service