The Douglas Archives

A collection of historical and genalogical records

This discussion group is for anyone reporting on, or seeking Douglas family members in, any of the countries in Southern Africa.

Views: 110

Replies to This Discussion

Good day! I have been trying to establish my Douglas connections here in South Africa, quite difficult as there does not seem to be too much information. My mother was Beatrice Petronella Catherine Douglas, born in 1919 in Franschoek district, Cape Colony. Her father must have been born in the late 1800's. Not sure where. His name was Thomas Douglas. They moved to Calitzdorp when she was a young girl. I know that CJ Langenhoven was related to my mother, from her mothers side. I believe that my grandmother was a Van Niekerk. The name William, Stewart, Florence and Christine is quite prominent in our family. Do you perhaps have any idea of how the connection might fit? Thank you for an amazing website!

RSS

Making conections

The more information you can give about the people you mention, the more chance there is of someone else connecting with your family.

Dates and places of births, deaths and marriages all help to place families.

Professions also help.

'My great-grandmother mother was a Douglas from Montrose' does not give many clues to follow up! But a bit of flesh on the bones makes further research possible. But if we are told who she married, what his profession was and where the children were baptised, then we can get to work.

Maybe it is time to update the information in your profile?

© 2024   Created by William Douglas.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service