A collection of historical and genalogical records
This stone marker was discovered during investigative work into a medieval bridge remains on the River Teviot, not far from Bonjedward. The toll bridge that replaced it in 1784 carries a curious shield which carries 4 hearts, one within the other. An archaeologist and art historian who have seen photos of it suggest it might date to the 14th century, and somehow been recycled into the 18th Century bridge.
Add a Comment