Your Douglas Archives Community Network Help Desk is a place for
our members to get help with site issues, for members to report
concerns and the following:
- inappropriate pictures
- obscene/nude photos
- abusive behaviour
- disrespectful/slanderous/vulgar comments and/or behaviour
[members who abuse the site in the manners listed above will be
banned without notice]
The Help Desk is also a reference tool to report problems that you
are experiencing on this site. As soon as the issues are reported,
our site's admin will do our best to look into those issues as soon
as possible to get it resolved. This is a family oriented social
networking site and we have a zero-tolerance policy for
The best way to learn is to experiment with your page. You will
learn much faster if you play around with your page, but if you
still have problems check out our frequently asked questions
QUESTION: How do I keep email from going to my regular email
address off of this Douglas Archives Community Network?
- Click on "My Settings"
- On the left side there are four options click on "Email"
- Un check anything that you do not want going to your external
- Click on "SAVE" at the bottom of the page
How do I stop receiving notifications to my personal email box?
- From your main profile page, look to the right of your screen and
click on "settings".
- Once you click "settings", look to the left and click the "email"
- Unclick whatever notifications you do not want to receive or
click "None: I don't want
to receive emails from Douglas History Community Network "
- Then click "save" to retain your changes
- Go to the page of the group you joined
- To the right of the 'Information' box, click 'Stop Following'
- Do this for each of the groups you've joined
How do I change my username or email address?
- From your main profile page, click "settings" on the right side
of the page
- Click on "change" for your email address or username
- Once you have changed your email, click "save" to retain your
How do I upload a profile picture?
- From your profile page, go the right hand side of the page and
- Look for "upload a photo" icon
- click on choose File
- select the picture that you want to upload
- click done
How do I load photo's or video's using my cell phone?
To send a photo or video from your cell phone to the site, you need
to use the special email address Ning provides. To find your unique
Douglas Archives Community Network email address, go to your My
Settings page. It is only useful for uploading photo's and video's
to your personal page on Douglas Archives Community Network. It is
not for email communication outside of the site.
Each user has a different email address, which consists of part of
their name and a random 3-digit number.
The process is pretty simple:
- Take a photo or video with your cell phone
- Send via MMS or email to the special email address you see listed
- The subject line on the email will be the title of the photo
- The message that you right inside the email will be the
- After a few minutes, the photo or video will be located in “My
Photos” or “My Video” and be visible on the user’s profile and on
How do I add text, HTML, videos, photos, or any third-party widgets
to my page?
- Click on “My Page”
- Scroll down to “Text Box”
- Click on “Add Text” and a text box will appear for you to edit,
copy & paste or create text for your page, also add video,
html, photo’s or widgets
- Click on “Third Party Widgets” if you need help with widgets
- Save your changes
How do I add music or a play list to my page or get help with my
- Go to www.playlist.com
google search “music playlist”
- Create a free account
- Search for the music that you want on your page
- Load your music to the playlist
- Make sure to choose if you want the music to auto-play or not
- Once you are finished make sure to save it
- Get the code and copy it
- Login to your page on Douglas Archives Community Network and
select where on your page you want to post your music playlist [it
can go anyplace on your page that you can edit text]
- Paste the code in the section of your page that you want it to
- Save your changes
How do I send a message to all of my friends at once?
- Go to your inbox
- Click compose
- Click on choose from friends
- Under the box that lists all your friends, click on "friends on
- Type your message and hit send (all of your friends will get your
How do I add my personal music to my page?
- You must create an account on a 3rd party music file hosting site
(see list below)
- Upload your music as per their instructions
- Once you've completed your download, you must copy and paste your
MP3 URLs (example below) to a 3rd party music download site (see
- SAVE your music list after all of your MP3 URLs have been copied
- Get the 'CODE' to embed your music player onto your Douglas
Family Network profile
- Copy the code and go to your Douglas Archives Community Network
- Click 'EDIT' in the section where you want to paste your music
- Paste (right click on the mouse) your music player
- Click 'SAVE' or 'DONE'
MUSIC FILE HOSTING SITES:
* Example MP3 URL:
MUSIC DOWNLOAD SITES:
- OR, Google: free music player
How do I delete my profile should I decide to leave Douglas
Archives Community Network?
- Go to your profile
- To the right-hand side of your page is your 'SETTINGS' option
- Click 'SETTINGS'
- Scroll to the bottom of the Profile Settings screen
- At the very end of the page on the left is the option to 'Leave
Douglas Archives Community Network'
- Click 'Leave Douglas Archives Community Network '
How do I remove my picture from my profile?
The only way to delete your photo is by replacing it with a
How do I change my main profile image/picture?
- Underneath the current photo on your profile page, click 'Manage
My Photo' (which takes you to your settings page)
- Center screen (just below your member name), scroll down to
- Click the small icon to the right of the current photo
- Click 'Browse' and choose the photo that you would like to
- Once selected, click 'Done'