The Douglas Archives

A collection of historical and genalogical records

General (25)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Genealogical Star Sighting

I am a big reader, particularly fantasy novels. Am currently reading the "Women of the Otherworld" series by Kelley Armstrong. In book 5, H…

Started by Kelly Hinds

0 Jul 13, 2012

Douglases in Slavery and the Slave Trade

This section is dedicated to networking and research into the Douglases involved in slavery and the slave trade. Virtually all Afrodescend…

Started by William Douglas

7 Oct 26, 2010
Reply by William Douglas

Who Is This "Doris"?

I don't know who she is, but it looks like she left all of us members the same message. Sounds kind of eerie to me. I would warn against th…

Started by Wendy Douglas~Winchell

2 Apr 18, 2010
Reply by William Douglas

Good research websites

I am aware of Ancestry.co.uk, FamilySearch.org and a few others, but is there a list of good genealogy sites?

Started by Simon Small

2 Mar 26, 2010
Reply by William Douglas

North West of England

Hi all Are there any Douglas' living in the North West of England? Simply looking to chat with others and maybe research our history. My im…

Started by Gavin Keith Douglas

8 Feb 10, 2010
Reply by Gavin Keith Douglas

RSS

Making conections

The more information you can give about the people you mention, the more chance there is of someone else connecting with your family.

Dates and places of births, deaths and marriages all help to place families.

Professions also help.

'My great-grandmother mother was a Douglas from Montrose' does not give many clues to follow up! But a bit of flesh on the bones makes further research possible. But if we are told who she married, what his profession was and where the children were baptised, then we can get to work.

Maybe it is time to update the information in your profile?

© 2024   Created by William Douglas.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service