The Douglas Archives

A collection of historical and genalogical records

julie bryce's Discussions (7)

Discussions Replied To (7) Replies Latest Activity

"I am again amazed at the depth of your research.  Well done again!  This is riveting…"

julie bryce replied Aug 27, 2012 to Douglases in Cockpen - 18th century and before

33 May 29, 2023
Reply by Jenny Blain

"Thanks for that Jenny. I have been wondering why a girl from Fife would be in Cockpe…"

julie bryce replied Aug 26, 2012 to Douglases in Cockpen - 18th century and before

33 May 29, 2023
Reply by Jenny Blain

"A couple of extra things.  Have marriage of William Duglass 1683 in Dalkeith which r…"

julie bryce replied Aug 26, 2012 to Douglases in Cockpen - 18th century and before

33 May 29, 2023
Reply by Jenny Blain

"Jenny, you have completely blown me away.  This is fantastic news.  I would never ha…"

33 May 29, 2023
Reply by Jenny Blain

"Fascinating, yes, but it could also drive you crazy!  How do we know that our Willia…"

julie bryce replied Aug 25, 2012 to Douglases in Cockpen - 18th century and before

33 May 29, 2023
Reply by Jenny Blain

"Another interesting piece of information in the Testament of William Douglas in 1720…"

julie bryce replied Aug 25, 2012 to Douglases in Cockpen - 18th century and before

33 May 29, 2023
Reply by Jenny Blain

"Lucky you, having access to the NAS Edinburgh. That is interesting about the kirk se…"

33 May 29, 2023
Reply by Jenny Blain

RSS

Making conections

The more information you can give about the people you mention, the more chance there is of someone else connecting with your family.

Dates and places of births, deaths and marriages all help to place families.

Professions also help.

'My great-grandmother mother was a Douglas from Montrose' does not give many clues to follow up! But a bit of flesh on the bones makes further research possible. But if we are told who she married, what his profession was and where the children were baptised, then we can get to work.

Maybe it is time to update the information in your profile?

© 2024   Created by William Douglas.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service