The Douglas Archives

A collection of historical and genalogical records

Andrew Douglas's Discussions (14)

Discussions Replied To (10) Replies Latest Activity

"Ah, that answers another question, why was James called 'the Gross'. I was thinking…"

Andrew Douglas replied Oct 15, 2019 to How did they die?

2 Oct 15, 2019
Reply by Andrew Douglas

"Interesting..... my Dads side settled in the Moonbi/Bendemeer around the late 1840's…"

Andrew Douglas replied Apr 30, 2013 to The Australian Standing Stones - the missing link.

14 Apr 30, 2013
Reply by Andrew Douglas

"Funny you mention Tilbuster Donald. My Dad comes from there. But which Kingston do y…"

Andrew Douglas replied Apr 29, 2013 to The Australian Standing Stones - the missing link.

14 Apr 30, 2013
Reply by Andrew Douglas

"May 8th, 2012. Dear reader, I am very proud to present to you my final and very happ…"

Andrew Douglas replied May 8, 2012 to The Australian Standing Stones - the missing link.

14 Apr 30, 2013
Reply by Andrew Douglas

"Time for the latest update folks. .... I'm enormously pleased to announce that some…"

Andrew Douglas replied Dec 16, 2011 to The Australian Standing Stones - the missing link.

14 Apr 30, 2013
Reply by Andrew Douglas

"Thanks William. :)"

Andrew Douglas replied Dec 2, 2011 to The meaning behind the shield.

2 Dec 2, 2011
Reply by Andrew Douglas

"Hi everyone. It's been a while since I have updated on what has been happening with…"

Andrew Douglas replied Aug 7, 2011 to The Australian Standing Stones - the missing link.

14 Apr 30, 2013
Reply by Andrew Douglas

"Oh Jan, I am so glad to hear from you! I wrote to the email address supplied on the…"

Andrew Douglas replied Apr 30, 2011 to The Australian Standing Stones - the missing link.

14 Apr 30, 2013
Reply by Andrew Douglas

"Thanks William. :) No, sadly I'm no longer a 'local' of the New England region....ma…"

Andrew Douglas replied Apr 22, 2011 to The Australian Standing Stones - the missing link.

14 Apr 30, 2013
Reply by Andrew Douglas

"I think it's a great shame that there is no Clan Chief and most certainly should be…"

Andrew Douglas replied Jan 3, 2011 to Head of the House of Douglas

26 Sep 10, 2023
Reply by Hubert Langenstein

RSS

Making conections

The more information you can give about the people you mention, the more chance there is of someone else connecting with your family.

Dates and places of births, deaths and marriages all help to place families.

Professions also help.

'My great-grandmother mother was a Douglas from Montrose' does not give many clues to follow up! But a bit of flesh on the bones makes further research possible. But if we are told who she married, what his profession was and where the children were baptised, then we can get to work.

Maybe it is time to update the information in your profile?

© 2024   Created by William Douglas.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service