The Douglas Archives

A collection of historical and genalogical records

William Douglas's Discussions (336)

Discussions Replied To (240) Replies Latest Activity

"There are 14 General Douglases in the Douglas Archives database - and this is not on…"

William Douglas replied Oct 1, 2009 to The Douglas/Douglas-Willan/Willan connection

41 Nov 25, 2016
Reply by William Douglas

"Thankx, Wilfried. It was 'possibly' when I wrote it. Evidence seen since appears to…"

William Douglas replied Sep 23, 2009 to The Douglas/Douglas-Willan/Willan connection

41 Nov 25, 2016
Reply by William Douglas

"The following response was contibuted: Lt. Gen and Senior Colonel Commandant, Rober…"

William Douglas replied Sep 23, 2009 to The Douglas/Douglas-Willan/Willan connection

41 Nov 25, 2016
Reply by William Douglas

"African Roots Podcast The GenealogyWise Group, African Roots Podcast was created by…"

William Douglas replied Sep 10, 2009 to Douglases in Slavery and the Slave Trade

7 Oct 26, 2010
Reply by William Douglas

"I have added a newspaper cutting from 1977 outlining attempts to have the earl of Mo…"

William Douglas replied Sep 4, 2009 to Head of the House of Douglas

26 Sep 10, 2023
Reply by Hubert Langenstein

"Lowcountry Africana - a useful resource Lowcountry Africana is entirely dedicated to…"

William Douglas replied Aug 20, 2009 to Douglases in Slavery and the Slave Trade

7 Oct 26, 2010
Reply by William Douglas

"Remarks of MSP Patricia Ferguson (Glasgow Maryhill) honoring Joseph F.Douglas, Sr. f…"

William Douglas replied Aug 20, 2009 to Douglases in Slavery and the Slave Trade

7 Oct 26, 2010
Reply by William Douglas

"Yes, I agree - I had the wrong date of death in my head for William of Liddesdale."

William Douglas replied Jun 26, 2009 to Second Scottish War of Independence Skirmishes.

5 May 27, 2012
Reply by William Douglas

"On reading this again, I am made to wonder as to whom this 'Sir William of Lothian'…"

William Douglas replied Jun 25, 2009 to Second Scottish War of Independence Skirmishes.

5 May 27, 2012
Reply by William Douglas

"Re: Crichtondene... Galashiels GALASHIELS, a manufacturing town, burgh of barony, a…"

William Douglas replied Jun 24, 2009 to Second Scottish War of Independence Skirmishes.

5 May 27, 2012
Reply by William Douglas

RSS

Making conections

The more information you can give about the people you mention, the more chance there is of someone else connecting with your family.

Dates and places of births, deaths and marriages all help to place families.

Professions also help.

'My great-grandmother mother was a Douglas from Montrose' does not give many clues to follow up! But a bit of flesh on the bones makes further research possible. But if we are told who she married, what his profession was and where the children were baptised, then we can get to work.

Maybe it is time to update the information in your profile?

© 2024   Created by William Douglas.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service