A collection of historical and genalogical records
The restoration of the OLDEST COLLEGIATE CHURCH IN SCOTLAND still in use is a complex and costly one, yet crucial to preserving this living piece of Bothwell and Scottish history. Standing on the site of a 6th century Church, it retains grave slabs of crusading knights and a mediaeval Quire rebuilt by The Earl of Douglas in 1398. This unusual stone vaulted intimate inner chapel needs immediate and urgent work to preserve the integrity of its structure and that of the whole Church.
Add a Comment