The Douglas Archives

A collection of historical and genalogical records

Genealogy (152)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Douglas Septs

A Sept is a family name which can be related to a clan or a larger family for various reasons - either by marriage or seeking protection fr…

Started by William Douglas

9 Apr 25, 2016
Reply by William Douglas

Lt Col Edward Douglas

To my friends- I am having open heart surgery Mar 22 Hope to return to my blogs at a later date. My Best, Henry Hunt

Started by Henry Barraud Hunt, Jr.

0 Mar 3, 2016

Lt Col Edward Douglas

My comments are for William Douglas and James David Douglas and those of you who have shown interest in my blogs. On 22 March I shall have…

0 Mar 3, 2016

John Douglass of Wigtonshire 1796-1832

I found John Douglass buried here at Monocacy Cemetery in Beallsville, Maryland, USA. His gravestone says, "In Memory of JOHN DOUGLASS of C…

Started by Glenn Wallace

7 Feb 19, 2016
Reply by William Douglas

DNA

James David Douglas asked me if I have had my dna determined. Not yet. Is one company better than another. What is the cost. Also, Mr. Doug…

5 Feb 10, 2016
Reply by Henry Barraud Hunt, Jr.

Dna

I would like to know how to transfer the dna I had done one ancestry.com to the Douglas site. I did my Mothers, myself, my two sons and two…

Started by Karen Fritz Rowe Fine

2 Feb 5, 2016
Reply by William Douglas

William Dominni and "distinct yDNA"

Can anyone tell me the significance of a distinct yDNA? I'm a descendent of William Domini, (please see below). "William Domini has emerge…

Started by John Bruce Douglas

1 Jan 1, 2016
Reply by William Douglas

Douglas and Kimbrough

I am looking for the family of Mary Douglas born 1645 in Scotland and married to John Kimbrough.  I have only the name of Robert Douglas an…

Started by Sheri Stewart

4 Dec 21, 2015
Reply by Sheri Stewart

Col Edward Douglas and his Immediate Family

Col Edward Douglas was probably born in Scotland. Records in Northampton County, Virginia state 'age 50 in 1640', which would place his bir…

4 Oct 6, 2015
Reply by James David Douglas

Lt Col Edward Douglas

From the discussions I have read concerning this person it is obvious that I need to provide more information along with proofs. This comin…

0 Sep 23, 2015

RSS

Making conections

The more information you can give about the people you mention, the more chance there is of someone else connecting with your family.

Dates and places of births, deaths and marriages all help to place families.

Professions also help.

'My great-grandmother mother was a Douglas from Montrose' does not give many clues to follow up! But a bit of flesh on the bones makes further research possible. But if we are told who she married, what his profession was and where the children were baptised, then we can get to work.

Maybe it is time to update the information in your profile?

© 2024   Created by William Douglas.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service