A collection of historical and genalogical records
Will of Andrew Thomas Drysdale
from Newfoundland will books volume 6 pages 602-603 probate year 1900
Last will and Testament of
Andrew T. Drysdale of Harbour Grace
Post Master deceased
Know all men by these presents that I Andrew Thomas Drysdale of Harbor Grace, Newfoundland Post Master, being of sound disposing mind memory and recollection do make publish and declare this to be my last will and Testament.
(1) I revoke all former wills made by me
(2) I will devise bequeath and give to my wife Margaret Drysdale one half of the moneys to be received from my Life Insurance Policies
(3) I will devise bequeath and give to my wife Margaret Drysdale my collection of Postage Stamps unused and cancelled
(4) I will devise bequeath and give to the Revd John March C.C. Five hundred dollars
(5) I will devise bequeath and give to my wife Margaret Drysdale the Gold watch I received from F. J. McCarthy friends as a token of remembrance
(6) I will devise bequeath and give to my wife Margaret Drysdale all my bed room furniture bedding and carpets, also mahogany dining table our glass and wood chairs purchased by me and all the furniture in the back office
(7) I will devise bequeath and give to my sisters Janet Mary Drysdale and Lucy Ann Greenjointly one half money receivable from my Life Insurance Policies all the furniture inherited from my father as well as the other appurtenances. The land at Mosquito at present occupied by James Carroll and also land at Lady Pond.
(8) I will devise bequeath and give to my sister Lucy Ann Green my Fathers watch.
(9) I hereby constitute and appoint my sister Mrs Lucy Ann Green St. John’s to be sole executrix to this my last will and Testament
(10) My Life Insurance Policies are one in the Union Mutual Life McCoy Main $2000.00. Two policies in the Standard £ 300. 0. 0. sterling and $2000.00. Two policies in the Canada Life for $1000.00 and $1500.00 all profits except first mentioned.
Lastly. I leave my blessing to my wife sisters nieces and nephews with a fond prayer that peace and harmony may rest on all. Given under my hand this sixth day of March A.D. nineteen hundred at Harbor Grace aforesaid. (Sgd) Andrew T. Drysdale. Signed by the said Testator Andrew Thomas Drysdale in our presence and in the presence of each other and the said Testator as his last will and Testament and at his request subscribed our names as witnesses (sgd) William Ward. (Sgd) John Foley.
I certify the foregoing to be a correct copy of the last will and Testament of Andrew T. Drysdale deceased
D. M. Browning
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
Jos. I. Little
Lucy H. Green
May 26: 1900