Which Douglas line are you researching? Dates and places help making connections.
- Bruce Wayne Douglas born 1 Dec 1905 in Ada, Hardin, Ohio Died 26 Aug 1983 in Salem, Marion, Oregon
- Chester Scott Douglass born 15 Feb 1880 in Lima, Allen, Ohio died 12 Dec 1960 Salem, Marion, Oregon
- Leroy Douglass born 27 Oct 1853 Coshocton, Ohio died 24 Aug 1913 in Lima, Allen, Ohio
- James Douglass born 1823 in Coshocton, Ohio died 1860 either in Ohio or Illinois. Probate was in Walker, Hancock, Illinois
- John Douglass born 1790 in Lancaster, Pa or MD. died 1860 in Lima, Allen, Ohio
FT-DNA Haplogroup R-FGC23083 and R-BY92639 (child of first haplogroup) We match to several members here connected to George Douglas and Capt James Douglas, sons of William Douglas and Elizabeth Jackson.
Cousin is Scott Douglas of Manassas, VA here on Douglas History
Who is your earliest known Douglas ancestor?
John Douglas 1790 - 1860
R-FG23083 and R-BY92639
You need to be a member of The Douglas Archives to add comments!
The more information you can give about the people you mention, the more chance there is of someone else connecting with your family.
Dates and places of births, deaths and marriages all help to place families.
Professions also help.
'My great-grandmother mother was a Douglas from Montrose' does not give many clues to follow up! But a bit of flesh on the bones makes further research possible. But if we are told who she married, what his profession was and where the children were baptised, then we can get to work.
Maybe it is time to update the information in your profile?