The Douglas Archives

A collection of historical and genalogical records

Genealogy (151)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Douglas ancestors from Ayrshire 1700's - early 1800's

I’m searching for the parents of my 4th great grandfather, Henderson Douglas 1809–1871 in Ayrshire. I’ve hit a road block tracing them or c…

Started by Jennifer Zinone

0 Jul 12, 2019

which Lord is he 5th or 6th ? Maxwell lord Herries son of married Lady Janet Douglas 1498 1537 and Robert Maxwell, 4th Lord Maxwell 1493–1546 BIRTH ABT 1493 • Kirkcudbright, Dumfries-shire, , Scot

Started by Jackie Stoddard

1 May 26, 2019
Reply by William Douglas

Orange County NC Douglas

Hi..my 2x GF was Lemuel Douglas b. 1811 in NOh Carolina USA. He died in Orange County NC 1893 and is buried there.. His children, according…

Started by William Andrew Broadway

0 May 2, 2019

Colonel Edward Douglas born Dec 1590 in Scotland his ancestry

married widow Isabel Dale sister to Sir Thomas Dale, royal governor of Virginia. Isabel was born in Middlesex County, England. Edward Dougl…

Started by Henry Barraud Hunt, Jr.

22 Apr 1, 2019
Reply by Russell Lynn Drysdale

Walter Michael Aubrey Barnes family Genealogy

Walter Michael Aubrey Barnes Douglas was the son of Walter Richard Barnes and Christiana Isabella Douglas. Walter Richard Barnes is the son…

Started by Flavia Douglas

2 Mar 3, 2019
Reply by Flavia Douglas

Moses Douglas and Catherine Marsden

Hello! I am hoping to prove/disprove a long time family tale. It was always passed down that we were descended from the Black Douglas Clan…

Started by Sharon Fraser

0 Feb 6, 2019

Douglas from Yarm, Yorkshire

I have received the following request for information: My paternal grandmother was a Douglass who's family came from Loughborough, Leiceste…

Started by William Douglas

6 Nov 16, 2018
Reply by William Douglas

We still use Douglas as a middle name.

Hello, I am looking into my Douglas family ancestry. The Douglas name has been retained as a middle name on and off in my family until the…

Started by Jessica Allen

5 Oct 11, 2018
Reply by Jessica Allen

Douglas/Tulloch

JudyNashLine          Hi Trying to find information on my ggrandmother I've had no luck so far the details are Jessie Douglas nee Tulloch…

Started by Judy Line

2 Apr 5, 2018
Reply by Judy Line

George Douglas

William-I hardly know what to say. I am just not adept with a computer. I finally figured out how to slide the page over so I could view th…

Started by Henry Barraud Hunt, Jr.

0 Dec 17, 2017

RSS

Making conections

The more information you can give about the people you mention, the more chance there is of someone else connecting with your family.

Dates and places of births, deaths and marriages all help to place families.

Professions also help.

'My great-grandmother mother was a Douglas from Montrose' does not give many clues to follow up! But a bit of flesh on the bones makes further research possible. But if we are told who she married, what his profession was and where the children were baptised, then we can get to work.

Maybe it is time to update the information in your profile?

© 2024   Created by William Douglas.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service