The Douglas Archives

A collection of historical and genalogical records

Genealogy (151)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Caledonia Douglas's Nova Scotia

Hi everyone thanks for letting me join, My family is the Douglas's of Caledonia, Queens county Nova Scotia , Canada my family lived there…

Started by Connor Douglas

3 Dec 16, 2017
Reply by Nigel Douglas

Edward Douglas B 1824 Birmingham England

We believe Edward has 2 brothers, siblings of James and Susan Nee Luck of Maidenhead Scotland. His brothers apparently went to Canada in ab…

Started by Peter Douglas

6 Nov 13, 2017
Reply by William Douglas

WHERE TO SEARCH...

Good evening... My goals here are to find my family's roots... To know which part of Scotland they were from... To understand what brought…

Started by Linda Durocher

1 Sep 29, 2017
Reply by William Douglas

Douglas / OLIPHANT/ Smith / Sinclair lines finally sorted

Douglas / OLIPHANT/ Smith / Sinclair lines looks like I am finally getting the Oliphant mystery sorted I have Douglas on both maternal (st…

Started by Jackie Stoddard

4 Sep 2, 2017
Reply by Jackie Stoddard

Like it or not

William Douglas , I must say Thank you for the platform you have provided and the work you [and other Contributors] do , sorting it all out…

Started by Russell Lynn Drysdale

5 Apr 25, 2017
Reply by William Douglas

DNA tests

Hi I wonder if anyone has had a DNA test done. FamilytreeDNA have Douglas listed as one of their projects. As I am stuck with my Douglas…

Started by Bob Douglas

14 Mar 31, 2017
Reply by Jackie Stoddard

The Douglas family of Belfast

My dad, Wilfrid Henry Douglas came to Australia as a 12-year-old, shipped out with other boys on the Larg's Bay, to attend the Fairbridge F…

Started by Robert Douglas

0 Mar 21, 2017

Douglass family in the Rothbury area of Northumberland

My grandfather was John William Douglass born in 1880 in Rothbury, Northumberland. His mother was Susannah Douglas. My grandfather was the…

Started by Margaret Lorna Gregory

4 Mar 13, 2017
Reply by William Douglas

Many Douglas are aware of Royal Stuart / Stewart in their lines,

Many Douglas are aware of Royal Stuart / Stewart in their lines, so I'm posting this (I have Douglas and Stewart , on both Maternal and Pat…

Started by Jackie Stoddard

0 Mar 9, 2017

Northamptonshire Douglas(s)

Im looking for Douglas(s) in Wootton, Northamptonshire. My ancestor Joseph Douglas left there and moved to Bradford, Yorkshire (between 18…

Started by Susan Morrell

25 Feb 17, 2017
Reply by Nigel Douglas

RSS

Making conections

The more information you can give about the people you mention, the more chance there is of someone else connecting with your family.

Dates and places of births, deaths and marriages all help to place families.

Professions also help.

'My great-grandmother mother was a Douglas from Montrose' does not give many clues to follow up! But a bit of flesh on the bones makes further research possible. But if we are told who she married, what his profession was and where the children were baptised, then we can get to work.

Maybe it is time to update the information in your profile?

© 2024   Created by William Douglas.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service