The Douglas Archives

A collection of historical and genalogical records

Genealogy (152)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Northamptonshire Douglas(s)

Im looking for Douglas(s) in Wootton, Northamptonshire. My ancestor Joseph Douglas left there and moved to Bradford, Yorkshire (between 18…

Started by Susan Morrell

25 Feb 17, 2017
Reply by Nigel Douglas

Morton Castle

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morton_Castle I was so lucky to find this Castle in April of 2016 on my journey to Scotland.  I have some vi…

Started by Sheri Stewart

1 Jan 4, 2017
Reply by William Douglas

William Douglass Sr. (?) / Georgia (US) Douglass's

I have been tracing my Douglass line for a while now and have hit a wall that I cannot seem to move through. My Great Aunt Sarah was a libr…

Started by Eli Douglass

2 Jan 2, 2017
Reply by Eli Douglass

The Douglas/Douglas-Willan/Willan connection

I am seeking help with the following story about the connections between the Douglas and Willan family, and would be grateful for correctio…

Started by William Douglas

41 Nov 25, 2016
Reply by William Douglas

Irish Connections

Is anyone tracing ancestors who according to family folklore left Lanarkshire to settle in Ireland after the Pretenders Rebellion in C1745?

Started by Elizabeth Joan Wade

1 Nov 10, 2016
Reply by William Douglas

US history of our Douglas family

This information was compiled by a now deceased relative of my father. He claims to have retrieved it from the Carnegie Library of Lexingto…

Started by stevan scott douglas

2 Jul 30, 2016
Reply by stevan scott douglas

Robert Douglas 1655-1733

I am trying to establish a Scottish Irish link for the parents of the above Robert.  His parents were Robert Douglas and Elizabeth Henderso…

Started by Maggie Crow

22 Jul 29, 2016
Reply by William Douglas

DOUGLAS of Cavan Ireland

My Great Great Grandmother was Jane or Jean DOUGLAS b1813. I found Jane in Whitehaven, Cumberland England where, in 1835 she married Thoma…

Started by James Williams

1 May 19, 2016
Reply by William Douglas

Dorothy Kathleen Douglas

Hi I'm currently researching my family tree on my dads side. I didn't know a lot about my grandparents and would like to know more. Doroth…

Started by Jenny Biehl

1 May 3, 2016
Reply by William Douglas

Robert Francis Douglas B 19/2/1900 - D ? -Looking for Death Certificate

Robert Francis (Uncle Bob), son of John and Jessie Douglas nee Hodgson of St Helens,Lancashire. He was in the English Navy service number J…

Started by Robert John Douglas

1 Apr 29, 2016
Reply by William Douglas

RSS

Making conections

The more information you can give about the people you mention, the more chance there is of someone else connecting with your family.

Dates and places of births, deaths and marriages all help to place families.

Professions also help.

'My great-grandmother mother was a Douglas from Montrose' does not give many clues to follow up! But a bit of flesh on the bones makes further research possible. But if we are told who she married, what his profession was and where the children were baptised, then we can get to work.

Maybe it is time to update the information in your profile?

© 2024   Created by William Douglas.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service