The Douglas Archives

A collection of historical and genalogical records

Genealogy (151)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

SAMUEL DOUGLAS OF WINDSOR PLANTATION, JAMAICA.

Looking for further information on my distant relative who died at Charleston, South Carolina, on 9 Jan.,1799. He originated from Galloway,…

Started by Bob Henry

0 Nov 23, 2010

family moves

In looking for my douglas side they were pretty good at having kids and when they did decide to come to Canada all were fairly grown up. Th…

Started by Cathy Williamson

2 Nov 19, 2010
Reply by Cathy Williamson

Janet Douglas' parents (b. between 1791-1799) in Logierait, Perthshire

I am lookinking for any information on Janet Douglas' parents (b. between 1791-1799) in Logierait, Perthshire.  They may have been Alexande…

Started by Amy Walden

1 Sep 16, 2010
Reply by William Douglas

Given name "Edward" is alien to the Scots. I did find one exception.

Robert Lord Roos of Hamlac and Warke,'Tursan' had a father named Everard Roos. Everard is a variant of Edward. (This was meant for William…

Started by Henry Barraud Hunt, Jr.

0 Jul 9, 2010

I am looking to trace my family background back further past James Main Douglass, any help would be appreciated.

My great Grand father John James Douglass (B) 29/3/1859, Sunderland, Durham, England. (D) 19/10/1928, Adelaide, Australia. - Married Margar…

Started by Lyndon Todd Douglass

0 Jul 9, 2010

Jamaica

Hello   I am looking for Douglases in Jamaica.  My Douglases are a mix of Black West Indian and White Scottish.  They had blue eyes and wer…

Started by Jacqueline Douglas

0 May 31, 2010

Bellamy and Douglas

I am trying to find out the connection re. Bellamy and Douglas

Started by thomas wilson bairner

0 Apr 2, 2010

Link between Bellamy and Douglas

I am trying to find out more re. link between Bellamy and Douglas as suggested  

Started by thomas wilson bairner

0 Apr 2, 2010

Aaron Douglass

I am looking for the father of Aaron born in new jersey 1754 we think his father is William born in 1710 New London CT he later came to new…

Started by lewis king

0 Nov 7, 2009

Douglas of Baads

This branch of the family has been an off and on area of research for some time. However, I was recently given a series of photographs of a…

Started by William Douglas

1 Oct 29, 2009
Reply by William Douglas

RSS

Making conections

The more information you can give about the people you mention, the more chance there is of someone else connecting with your family.

Dates and places of births, deaths and marriages all help to place families.

Professions also help.

'My great-grandmother mother was a Douglas from Montrose' does not give many clues to follow up! But a bit of flesh on the bones makes further research possible. But if we are told who she married, what his profession was and where the children were baptised, then we can get to work.

Maybe it is time to update the information in your profile?

© 2024   Created by William Douglas.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service